The Program Manager is responsible for managing a client complete expectations. The Program Manager serves as the main point of contact and will facilitate all customer communication during the life cycle of the project. The individual filling this position will be responsible for communicating all order management steps both internally and externally with the client.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide all Customer communication during new and existing client projects.
- Ensure that all service delivery milestones are met. Drive adherence to the prescribed schedule by working with Operations, Construction and Engineering.
- Conduct kick off calls for major projects as appropriate. Kick Off calls should include members of the Business Development, Engineering, Provisioning and other teams.
- Communicate with the Customer at critical milestones in the Service Delivery cycle. Make sure that the Customer knows the status of their order and what will happen next by hosting updates as needed and providing required reports to the client.
- Promote teamwork with other functional areas.
- Perform customer outreach including collecting existing inventory, services, and technologies they currently utilize; review new available technologies and determine best solution based on customer requirements.
- Assist in writing content for customer transition plans and related documents to identify their specific network requirements; advise agencies on options as well as transition planning activities.
- Use working knowledge of telecommunications transition projects to work with the Engineering and Operations Managers to define business requirements.
- Update spreadsheets and databases as required to maintain customer and vendor SPOC, email, phone number, and site information.
- Track QA/QC review provided by operations and construction teams.
- Identify and solve problems that could prevent service dates from being met.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- PMP a plus
- 3+ years related experience in telecommunications.
- Requires general knowledge of telecommunications, both Inside and Outside Plant, construction, and provisioning.
- Voice and data background.
- Fiber and copper background a plus.
- Requires excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Understanding of telecommunications industry products and standards
- Highly Organized
- Detail Oriented
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Excellent verbal, written, phone, and interpersonal skills.
This is an office position that requires up to 25% travel. Typical work schedule is based on the needs of the clients including that required by time zones covering the United States.
The position requires little physical ability other than that related to travel.
Job Type: Full-time