A Survey Technician plans, surveys, designs, and drafts projects for ASG Logistic Clients. The Survey Technician I is responsible to take notes from the field visit and transmit them into a Drafting Technician so it can be uploaded into the appropriate client system.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares routine field notes for projects, such as the preparation of various drawings of structures and equipment systems derived from layouts and sketches.
- Follows established technical specifications to prepare drawings.
- Consults with engineers regarding model accuracy, design, and drafting standards.
- Job includes traveling to commissioned work sites and surveying the area.
- Survey Technicians may be responsible for client and customer contact and obtaining permission to visit the commissioned sites.
- May also be responsible for sketching schematics immediately following a field survey.
- Works under immediate supervision.
- Provide Quality Assurance to projects.
- Site work experience a plus
- Ability to read and understand architectural / engineering drawings
- Ability to manage, organize and layout drawing requirements
- Understanding architectural and construction detailing
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite of products
- Excellent verbal, written, phone, and interpersonal skills
- Proven strong analytic / problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced high volume work environment
- Dependable, flexibility to work weekends and holidays, as needed
- Ability to be on-call, as needed.
- Work independently under minimal supervision
Field work to accomplish the project.
Typical field related physical requirements of sitting, standing, driving and walking.
Non Exempt - Hourly