We are looking for full-time ISP/OSP Engineers to join our team!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under general supervision, performs field engineering of proposed projects in order to provide optimum routing alternatives ensuring the most cost-effective designs are developed for construction projects.
- Provides suggested cable routings, drop/house/unit count and proposed/actual pedestal locations and other topographical data intended to afford design personnel the optimum opportunity to design the most effective plant placement.
- Provides field investigation of construction projects both aerial and underground construction.
- Provides Auto Cad or hand drawn drawings depicting pickup locations and proposed routings.
- Provides Post-wire drawings of commercial/MDU construction. Provides estimated costs to provide services to projects.
- Meet with appropriate agencies to secure right-of-way agreements and easements for the placement of telecommunications facilities required to complete construction.
- Attends on sight meetings with appropriate stake holders to explain construction procedures and cable routing, as necessary.
- Perform field verifications of existing plant in order to provide accurate pick up points for new development and commercial plant extensions.
- Attend departmental meetings to understand and address the goals of the organization.
- Gather street addresses and unit count information for database additions/corrections as required.
- Coordinates with in-house project coordinators, maintenance technicians and permit engineers as required to engineer plant extensions correctly and reflect current plant powering changes.
- Performs accurate drafting of field engineering with all footages verified and necessary construction notes illustrated.
- Coordinates with commercial designer to assure field engineering is reflected accurately and designed accordingly. Reviews project cost data for after-the-fact projects to assure accuracy.
- Researches system plant maps to determine system extension effects on surrounding cable plant and node placement sizing.
- Performs small system preliminary extension design for high priority projects when necessary.
- Coordinates with company contractors as needed to verify existing conduits and plant.
- Three (3) to five (5) years fielding/engineering experience in the telecommunications industry preferred.
- High school diploma or GED; some college preferred.
- Valid local driver’s license with good DMV record, with ability to travel
- Ability to function independent of a supervisor.
- Adaptable computer skills and ability to research online information from various sources.
- College level courses in AutoCAD drafting/CATV design are a plus.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite of products preferred.
- Excellent verbal, written, phone, and interpersonal skills are a plus.