Founded in 2008, ASG has made a name for itself by offering superior service, quality workmanship and a hassle-free experience for our clients, and their customers. Based in Holmdel, N.J., with a strong presence in New York and operations in 12 states, ASG can deliver everything telecom companies require to run the “last mile” of cable to a residential or commercial property — from right-of-way to engineering design and construction. We plan, design and build solutions that allow telecom providers to bring the next generation of voice, video and Internet services to new customers.
We are looking for full-time Field Surveyors to join our team. ASG provides paid training in all the necessary programs to prepare technical drawings, specifications of fiber optic systems, or topographical maps to ensure that work conforms to standards and client requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares routine drafting projects, such as the preparation of various drawings of structures and equipment systems derived from layouts, sketches and images collected from sites.
- Follows established technical specifications to prepare drawings and assists in design drafting.
- Consults with engineers regarding model accuracy, design, and drafting standards.
- Job will include daily travel to commissioned work sites and surveying the area.
- Travel to work sites in the surrounding area
- Field Surveyors will be responsible for client and customer contact and may be required to obtain permission to visit the commissioned sites.
- Will also be responsible for drawing up schematics immediately following a field survey.
- Work will require professional judgment and ability to work effectively without direct supervision.
Electrical skills are a plus!