The primary responsibilities of the fiber optic cable splicer will be to splice fiber optic cables, read, create and maintain splicing blue prints and diagrams surrounding the assigned work site. Maintaining accurate splicing and field notes to support project timelines.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Install OSP facilities according to engineered work orders and blue prints
- Perform cable/fiber splicing
- Provide additional support to the supervisors as needed
- 3+ years’ experience with single mode, multimode fiber, campus and hut fiber splicing, loose tube and ribbon splicing
- Ability to travel and work evenings and weekends as needed
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions, climb ladders, work aloft, dig holes, repair landscapes.
- Ability to adhere to company policies and OSHA regulations
- Experience with underground construction activities , including pulling new cable thru conduits, opening underground vaults or pedestals, laying fiber interduct, measuring and recording installed fiber footage
- Experience using an OTDR meter, fusion splicer, power meter and hand tools preferred
- Experience pulling fiber using air assist is a plus
- Experience with high count and rollable ribbon a plus
- Current certification in fiber splicing a plus
- Valid driver's license required
- Typical field related physical requirements of sitting, standing, driving and walking.
- Ability to lift 75+ lbs
Non Exempt - $25 Hourly
Job Type: Full-time