Reports To: Sr. Manager
The Group Manager will be responsible for the overall management of assigned disciplines during the planning, survey, engineering, design, drafting, build, final inspection and acceptance of the job. The Group Manager will oversee and manage the daily operations of in-house staff and subcontractors.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify qualified subcontractors as needed for job assignments.
- Maintain design specifications in accordance with surveys and walk-outs.
- Facilitate design assignment and manage drafting and survey technicians and admins.
- Ensure all direct labor employees within the group are charging correct Flow IDs to their time.
- Measure and evaluate employees’ time to verify all employees are utilizing their work time appropriately
- Group Managers are expected to reward, manage, and discipline employees, when necessary.
- Group Managers are expected to see the safety and security of all employees
- Confirm all necessary documentation and approvals have been acquired and in hand prior to starting the job.
- Responsible for ensuring job is completed on schedule.
- Responsible to make sure workmanship meets/exceeds quality standards.
- Address and get approval from client for all design changes and cost changes based on new design.
- Communicate ALL changes to the client.
- Communicate and get necessary approval(s) from building ownership for all design changes as appropriate.
- Acquire all permits as/when necessary.
- Make sure all jobs are entered correctly into the ASG Flow system.
- Responsible to obtaining all required information in order to bill the job.
- Submit all billing as specified and in a timely manner.
- Attend client meetings as needed.
- Attend meetings on behalf of client when requested by client.
- Act as a resource for dispute resolution.
- Visit job site location(s) as needed.
- Responsible for the Contribution Margin (CM) of the discipline.
- Learn, understand and promote, the ASG Pillars of Success
- Must have 2-4 years’ experience within the discipline, or other applicable work experience.
- Must have site work experience that include capturing all existing utilities, adjacent structures, detailed measurements and the path to extend facilities.
- Must have a good understanding of OSP FM / EWO and NDS drafting techniques.
- A working knowledge of Autodesk AutoCAD software.
- An understanding architectural / engineering drawings.
- A working knowledge of managing, organizing and layout of drawings.
- Proven strong analytic / problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced high volume work environment
- Dependable, flexibility to work weekends and holidays, as needed.
- Ability to be on-call, as needed.
- Work independently under minimal supervision.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Excellent verbal, written, phone, and interpersonal skills.
Office and field work, working with direct reports and the client to accomplish the project.
Typical office and field related physical requirements of sitting, standing, driving and walking.
Drafting Technicians, ROW Agents, Engineers, Survey/Pole Technicians, Project Coordinators, and Administrative Assistants as required for the specific project.
Exempt - This is a salaried position.