The small cell technician works in a team environment on the construction of small cell sites. Responsibilities may include but are not limited to 4G and 5G Antenna components, Radio components, RF Cabling, AC / DC Wiring, Fiber Optic installation and overall testing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to install pole top and side mount 4G antennas, 5G antennas and the associated mounting hardware; RF, fiber optic, AC and DC power cables with associated panels, terminals and connections.
- Knowledge of testing RF and fiber optic cables and connections.
- Proficiency with installation of radio cabinets, radios, shrouds and DC Rectifiers.
- Experience with ground and bond antennas, cables, radio equipment and power panels.
- Experience in operation of Ariel lift bucket truck.
- Proficiency in reading, understanding and interpreting engineering design prints
- Experience with Aerial Lift Equipment or Bucket Trucks.
- Ability to use hand and power tools
- High school diploma or equivalent required, AS or BS degree in technical field preferred
- Requires 2 years’ experience in Electrical and/or Cell Site Construction and Testing.
- Requires ability to function independent of a supervisor
- Valid Driver’s License.
- OSHA 10 Certification.
- Will be outdoors in all kinds of weather
- Ability to work at a height of 50ft or more.
- Able to crouch, kneel, reach, grasp, lift, carry, push & pull up to 50 lbs.
- Climbing, sitting, standing, walking and driving for extended periods.
Non Exempt - Hourly position with overtime possible