URC is seeking a qualified Chief of Party for the USAID Strengthening Quality for Malaria Diagnosis and Treatment in Ethiopia Activity. The Strengthening Quality for Malaria Diagnosis and Treatment in Ethiopia Activity will improve the quality of malaria diagnosis and treatment services at supported facilities through: strengthening partnerships and coordination, scaling up quality assurance systems, and improving infrastructure and human resource capacity for malaria diagnosis and case management. The expected duration of the activity is five years. Recruitment is contingent upon successful award of the project and the selection of final applicant is subject to USAID approval.
- Provide high quality technical and strategic leadership, managerial oversight, and administration of the project.
- Serve as the principle institutional liaison from URC to USAID, the NMCP, and implementing partners.
- Ensure achievement of activity results and that all project objectives and deliverables are met on time and within budget, while maintaining quality of services at the highest standard.
- Develop (update and adapt as needed) and execute annual work plans and budgets per agreement requirements and within the FMOH, USAID and PMI frameworks.
- Manage a team of senior staff and sub-partners and ensure quality, timeliness and efficiency of all activities.
- Ensure appropriate and timely documentation and dissemination of key results and deliverables for maximum project impact using a variety of communication strategies and media.
- Ensure effective agreement implementation in strict compliance with USAID agreement and USG policies and regulations.
- Ensure project staffing, structure and reporting relationships are aligned with project needs, local context and available resources.
- Manage and mentor the project team through regular check-ins, annual appraisals, supportive supervision, rewards, training, coaching and career development support.
- Build and maintain strong working relations with key internal and external stakeholders, beneficiaries, subcontractors, suppliers and partners.
Required Skills and Experience
- MD and MPH required.
- At least 10 years of progressively responsible, related experience in managing health projects is required.
- In depth experience and subject-matter expertise in laboratory system strengthening and malaria diagnostics.
- Demonstrated leadership, technical and management abilities.
- Prior experience and success directing similar or larger international donor-funded projects in Ethiopia or the region.
- Demonstrated strategic planning and visioning skills.
- Familiarity with USAID regulations and administrative procedures in the implementation of USG projects required.
- Proven record of aligning diverse, multi-level teams with the project mission and vision.
- Track record of strong commitment to sharing knowledge, documenting experiences, supporting creative initiatives, and sharing credit.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with senior-level colleagues, particularly interacting productively, proactively, and comfortably with national and sub-national government officials and institutions, NGOs, private sector groups, USAID, CSOs, and donor organizations.
- Professional level of oral and written fluency in English required.
- Ability to travel unrestricted within Ethiopia and internationally.