URC is seeking a qualified Senior Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Specialist for the USAID Strengthening Quality for Malaria Diagnosis and Treatment in Ethiopia Activity. The Strengthening Quality for Malaria Diagnosis and Treatment in Ethiopia Activity will improve the quality of malaria diagnosis and treatment services at supported facilities through: strengthening partnerships and coordination, scaling up quality assurance systems, and improving infrastructure and human resource capacity for malaria diagnosis and case management. The expected duration of the activity is five years. Recruitment is contingent upon successful award of the project and the selection of final applicant is subject to USAID approval.
- Design and implement the project’s monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) system in close coordination with the technical team, including the development of performance indicators, setting annual targets, monitoring project progress against annual targets, ensuring timely data collection, writing quarterly and annual reports, and liaising with the project financial team to track the budget in relation to all project results and outcomes.
- Provide technical inputs to the technical team to assist in developing program goals and objectives as well as MEL tools and strategies and provide monitoring data to strategically inform the decisions on project performance and future direction to the project.
- Lead the conduction of a baseline study for all performance indicators that require a baseline value.
- Develop and implement a quality improvement system for the project focusing on the systematic strengthening of data quality for all program data.
- Support the establishment and maintenance of a comprehensive and effective malaria knowledge management system to collate, interpret, disseminate, and promote the use of quality malaria data for evidence-based decision making.
- Provide regular reports on the status of implementation, per project goals, objectives and indicators, to the Chief of Party, USAID, PMI and other program managers as required.
- Collaborate with the project technical team in identifying project activities, processes and/or outcomes that are worthy of documentation, and design a system for capturing lessons learned and best practices.
- Support the production of technical briefs and other technical documents on the project accomplishments.
- Adhere to URC procurement integrity and institutional standards and procedures in all project management responsibilities.
- A master’s degree (MSc) in biostatistics or statistics is required.
- At least 10 years of demonstrated experience designing, and implementing monitoring and evaluation activities for complex public health programs in Ethiopia or the region.
- Excellent understanding of monitoring and evaluation methodologies for malaria.
- Knowledge of M&E issues related to improvements in quality integrated health services and support programs, particularly programs focusing on malaria diagnosis and treatment.
- Knowledge of data collection protocols to ensure accurate data collection and verification is essential, as well as an ability to identify data trends and communicate this information to allow for changes in program implementation.
- Extraordinary verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent skills in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and DHIS2. Experience working with a statistical analysis software (STATA, SPSS or alike) highly desired.
- Ability to travel unrestricted within Ethiopia and internationally.