The Dietary Aide assists in serving meals to our residents and creating a great experience. We are looking for enthusiastic individuals who share our passion of treating every resident with care, compassion and a sense of dignity.
Shepherd of the Valley is a Christian not-for-profit corporation governed by the basic Christian values of compassion, respect, dignity, spirituality, integrity and quality. Working for Shepherd of the Valley is not just a job, it's a calling.
- Shepherd of the Valley provides 5-star treatment at our facilities.
- We are a healthcare community offering short-term rehabilitation, skilled nursing, long-term care, assisted living, independent living and home health services.
- Assists cooks with preparation of meals following federal, state and local regulations.
- Serves residents meals in a timely fashion.
- Works well in a team environment.
- Maintains kitchen standards and expectations.
- Delivers and picks-up tray carts to dining area for meal service.
- Performs dish-washing procedures, including pots and pans and all equipment, operates commercial dish machine.
- Sets up for next meal.
- Demonstrates and maintains a positive, professional manner, manages times efficiently and effectively, promotes a team approach.
- High school education; or up to one month of related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Applicants must be able to work day and evening shifts as well as be available to work weekends. Candidates will also be required to pass a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
- 1-2 years of experience in a restaurant or healthcare facility is preferred.
Why work at Shepherd of the Valley?
Shepherd of the Valley (SOV) offers a wide range of benefits as part of you total compensation package. Choose from top medical and dental insurance programs; plan for your future with tax-deferred investing with SOV retirement options; enjoy generous paid holidays and time off; and protect yourself and your family with life and long-term disability insurance. Here are some highlights of our compensation plan.
- Annual Performance Reviews
- Insurance - Medical, dental, eye and prescription drug coverage are available to eligible employees. SOV offers a fully paid $10,000 life insurance benefit.
- Flexible Spending Plan - SOV offers a flexible spending account that allows you to pay certain medical expenses as well as child care on a pre-tax basis.
- Paid Time Off - SOV employees begin accumulating paid time off (PTO) hours immediately.
- Paid Holidays - SOV recognizes 7 paid holidays; those who work a holiday are paid double time. In the third year of service all employees are paid for their birthday.
- Retirement - Employeess are eligible to participate in SOV's 403(b) tax deferred annuity from their first day.
- Education Support - SOV's Professional Development Scholarship awards $1,000 each year to employees pursuing further education in their field.
- Additional Perks and Bonuses - SOV employees are eligible for discounts at local businesses. Employees of the month are recognized with a bonus. Recruitment bonuses for staff and residents are awarded. A quarterly wellness bonus is awarded for participating in a health and wellness check. After 3 years, employees receive an ongoing longevity bonus.