The Skin Integrity Nurse is responsible for the coordination of the Skin Integrity Program, based on the comprehensive assessment of the resident's needs. The Skin Integrity Nurse provides supervision in the building and gives direction to nursing staff.
Shepherd of the Valley is a Christian not-for-profit corporation governed by the basic Christian values of compassion, respect, dignity, spirituality, integrity and quality. Working for Shepherd of the Valley is not just a job, it's a calling.
- Shepherd of the Valley provides 5-star treatment at our facilities.
- We are a healthcare community offering short-term rehabilitation, skilled nursing, long-term care, assisted living, independent living and home health services.
- Completes initial assessment of residents and all subsequent assessments.
- Updates physician's orders as needed.
- Responsible for the Skin Integrity Program. Includes, but not limited to, prevention, treatment & coordination of skin care. Acts as a liaison between staff, families, physicians, hospitals and clinics. Provides education related to skin issues to families, residents and staff.
- Reviews and initiates assessments when there is a change in a resident's condition or based on interdisciplinary review.
- Develops Comprehensive Care Plan with the Interdisciplinary Team.
- Makes recommendations for charting requirements.
- Initiates skin monitoring audits as identified.
- Informs staff of any changes regarding resident care and care issues. Will communicate with residents/families regarding progress of the resident.
- May be required to take on-call needs and assist with routine RN duties.
- Participates in department quality improvement activities.
- Directly supervises staff members in the Nursing Department and may be responsible for nursing care. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Maintains the confidentiality of all resident, staff and organization information.
- Must hold a Nursing Degree from an accredited program, college or university.
- A current, unencumbered, active OHIO RN License and current CPR.
- At least 2 year of experience in Long-Term Care.
- Experience in Point Click Care is a plus.
As a Shepherd employee you will enjoy competitive wages and PTO plans. we offer full medical, dental and vision coverage as well as paid holidays (for those who qualify). We also offer a retirement plan and flexible spending accounts. Our employees also enjoy discounts at local businesses, direct deposit, annual increases and free CPR/First Aide certification.