Shepherd of the Valley is a Christian not-for-profit corporation governed by the basic Christian values of compassion, respect, dignity, spirituality, integrity and quality. Working for Shepherd of the Valley is not just a job, it's a calling.
- Shepherd of the Valley has provided peace of mind for Mahoning Valley families and their loved ones since 1972.
- Shepherd’s Overall Quality Ratings exceed county and statewide averages
- We are a healthcare community offering short-term rehabilitation, skilled nursing, long-term care, assisted living, independent living and home health care services.
We currently have an excellent opportunity available for a LPN Nurse Aide Coordinator at our Boardman campus. This position manages, supervises and coordinates nurse aides.
- Interviews, hires and disciplines nurse aides.
- Selects, schedules, assigns and evaluates staff, adjusting hours and shifts as necessary.
- Orients new staff and assures that training and education needs of staff are met.
- Coordinates unit or clinic activities and the work assignments of staff members.
- Evaluates activities of unit to ensure resident care, staff relations, and efficiency of service.
- Tracks in-service requirements for nurse aides.
- Required to assure staffing meets the needs of residents.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates departmental policies, goals, and objectives through the CQI process.
- Participates in the development and modifications of unit programs.
- Participates in infection control, discharge planning, utilization review, case management, and quality assessment activities and analysis are required.
- Interprets and enforces department and institution policies.
- Participates in the development and monitoring of departmental budget.
- Participates in appropriate department committees.
- Investigates and resolves complaints, or refers unusual problems to superior.
- Directly supervises the nurse aides.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- A 1 year certificate from college or technical school; or 3-6 months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be a Licensed Practical Nurse in the State of Ohio.
Why work at Shepherd of the Valley?
Shepherd of the Valley (SOV) offers a wide range of benefits as part of you total compensation package. Choose from top medical and dental insurance programs; plan for your future with tax-deferred investing with SOV retirement options; enjoy generous paid holidays and time off; and protect yourself and your family with life and long-term disability insurance. Here are some highlights of our compensation plan.
- Annual Performance Reviews
- Insurance - Medical, dental, eye and prescription drug coverage are available to eligible employees. SOV offers a fully paid $10,000 life insurance benefit.
- Flexible Spending Plan - SOV offers a flexible spending account that allows you to pay certain medical expenses as well as child care on a pre-tax basis.
- Paid Time Off - SOV employees begin accumulating paid time off (PTO) hours immediately.
- Paid Holidays - SOV recognizes 7 paid holidays; those who work a holiday are paid double time. In the third year of service all employees are paid for their birthday.
- Retirement - Employees are eligible to participate in SOV's 403(b) tax deferred annuity from their first day.
- Education Support - SOV's Professional Development Scholarship awards $1,000 each year to employees pursuing further education in their field.
- Additional Perks and Bonuses - SOV employees are eligible for discounts at local businesses. Employees of the month are recognized with a bonus. Recruitment bonuses for staff and residents are awarded. A quarterly wellness bonus is awarded for participating in a health and wellness check. After 3 years, employees receive an ongoing longevity bonus.
Shepherd of the Valley Lutheran Retirement Inc.is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, gender identity, or any other protected status under applicable law.