The State Tested Nurse Aide (STNA) cares for residents in our nursing facilities under the direction of nursing and medical staff.
Shepherd of the Valley is a Christian not-for-profit corporation governed by the basic Christian values of compassion, respect, dignity, spirituality, integrity and quality. Working for Shepherd of the Valley is not just a job, it's a calling.
- Shepherd of the Valley provides 5-star treatment at our facilities.
- We are a healthcare community offering short-term rehabilitation, skilled nursing, long-term care, assisted living, independent living and home health services.
- Answers signal lights, bells or intercom system to determine residents' needs.
- Bathes, dresses, and undresses residents.
- Serves and collects food trays and feeds residents requiring help.
- Transports residents or assists residents to walk.
- Turns and repositions bedfast residents, alone or with assistance, to prevent bedsores.
- Takes and records temperature, blood pressure, pulse and respiration rates, food and fluid intake and output, as directed.
- Cleans, sterilizes, stores, prepares, and issues dressing packs, treatment trays, and other supplies.
- Maintains the confidentiality of all resident, staff and organization information.
- Must have a high school diploma or general education degree (GED or the required experience.
- 1-3 months of related experience and/or training OR equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred.
- Must be a State Tested Nurse Aide (STNA) in Ohio.
- Experience in Point Click Care is a plus.
Why work at Shepherd of the Valley?
Shepherd of the Valley (SOV) offers a wide range of benefits as part of you total compensation package. Choose from top medical and dental insurance programs; plan for your future with tax-deferred investing with SOV retirement options; enjoy generous paid holidays and time off; and protect yourself and your family with life and long-term disability insurance. Here are some highlights of our compensation plan.
- Annual Performance Reviews
- Insurance - Medical, dental, eye and prescription drug coverage are available to eligible employees. SOV offers a fully paid $10,000 life insurance benefit.
- Flexible Spending Plan - SOV offers a flexible spending account that allows you to pay certain medical expenses as well as child care on a pre-tax basis.
- Paid Time Off - SOV employees begin accumulating paid time off (PTO) hours immediately.
- Paid Holidays - SOV recognizes 7 paid holidays; those who work a holiday are paid double time. In the third year of service all employees are paid for their birthday.
- Retirement - Employeess are eligible to participate in SOV's 403(b) tax deferred annuity from their first day.
- Education Support - SOV's Professional Development Scholarship awards $1,000 each year to employees pursuing further education in their field.
- Additional Perks and Bonuses - SOV employees are eligible for discounts at local businesses. Employees of the month are recognized with a bonus. Recruitment bonuses for staff and residents are awarded. A quarterly wellness bonus is awarded for participating in a health and wellness check. After 3 years, employees receive an ongoing longevity bonus.