The Home Health LPN Aide Coordinator manages, supervises and coordinates the aides.
Shepherd of the Valley is a Christian not-for-profit corporation governed by the basic Christian values of compassion, respect, dignity, spirituality, integrity and quality. Working for Shepherd of the Valley is not just a job, it's a calling.
- Shepherd of the Valley provides 5-star treatment at our facilities.
- We are a healthcare community offering short-term rehabilitation, skilled nursing, long-term care, assisted living, independent living and home health services.
- Interviews, hires and disciplines aides.
- Selects, schedules, assigns and evaluates staff, adjusting hours and shifts as necessary.
- Coordinates all staff information.
- Orients new staff and assures that training and education needs of staff are met.
- Coordinates activities and the work assignments of staff members.
- Evaluates activities to ensure patient care, staff relations, and efficiency of service.
- Tracks in-service requirements for aides.
- Required to assure staffing meets the needs of the patients.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates departmental policies, goals and objectives.
- Participates in the development and modifications of programs.
- Participates in infection control, discharge planning, utilization review, case management, and quality assessment activities and analysis as required.
- Interprets and enforces department and institutional policies.
- Participates in the development and monitoring of departmental budget.
- Participates in appropriate department committees.
- Investigates and resolves complaints, or refers unusual problems to superior.
- Maintains the confidentiality of all resident, staff and organization information.
- Directly supervises the Aides. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; performance appraisals; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resoling problems.
- One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A current, unencumbered, active OHIO LPN License
Why work at Shepherd of the Valley?
Shepherd of the Valley (SOV) offers a wide range of benefits as part of you total compensation package. Choose from top medical and dental insurance programs; plan for your future with tax-deferred investing with SOV retirement options; enjoy generous paid holidays and time off; and protect yourself and your family with life and long-term disability insurance. Here are some highlights of our compensation plan.
- Annual Performance Reviews
- Insurance - Medical, dental, eye and prescription drug coverage are available to eligible employees. SOV offers a fully paid $10,000 life insurance benefit.
- Flexible Spending Plan - SOV offers a flexible spending account that allows you to pay certain medical expenses as well as child care on a pre-tax basis.
- Paid Time Off - SOV employees begin accumulating paid time off (PTO) hours immediately.
- Paid Holidays - SOV recognizes 7 paid holidays; those who work a holiday are paid double time. In the third year of service all employees are paid for their birthday.
- Retirement - Employeess are eligible to participate in SOV's 403(b) tax deferred annuity from their first day.
- Education Support - SOV's Professional Development Scholarship awards $1,000 each year to employees pursuing further education in their field.
- Additional Perks and Bonuses - SOV employees are eligible for discounts at local businesses. Employees of the month are recognized with a bonus. Recruitment bonuses for staff and residents are awarded. A quarterly wellness bonus is awarded for participating in a health and wellness check. After 3 years, employees receive an ongoing longevity bonus.