The Hospitality Aide provides assistance for residents in the nursing home, under direction of nursing and medical staff.
Shepherd of the Valley is a Christian not-for-profit corporation governed by the basic Christian values of compassion, respect, dignity, spirituality, integrity and quality. Working for Shepherd of the Valley is not just a job, it's a calling.
- Shepherd of the Valley provides 5-star treatment at our facilities.
- We are a healthcare community offering short-term rehabilitation, skilled nursing, long-term care, assisted living, independent living and home health services.
- Answers signal lights, to determine resident's needs.
- Assists with residents, and family requests (limited to essential duties that are appropriate to position).
- Serves and collects food trays and assists with serving as needed.
- Provides service help to residents and nursing staff as needed, such as, stocking drinks, snacks and supplies.
- Assists with transports of residents.
- Assists with resident activity functions as needed.
- Runs errands, directs visitors and answers the telephone.
- Cleans wheelchairs and geriatric chairs as instructed.
- Keeps resident rooms neat and orderly; assists with dropping of linens, cleaning bedside tables, labeling and putting away of personal items and care items. Checks trash and water pitchers.
- Assists nursing staff with administrative and/or other duties and tasks as needed.
- Must have a high school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months customer service related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Excellent customer service and communication skills are required.
Why work at Shepherd of the Valley?
Shepherd of the Valley (SOV) offers a wide range of benefits as part of you total compensation package. Choose from top medical and dental insurance programs; plan for your future with tax-deferred investing with SOV retirement options; enjoy generous paid holidays and time off; and protect yourself and your family with life and long-term disability insurance. Here are some highlights of our compensation plan.
- Annual Performance Reviews
- Insurance - Medical, dental, eye and prescription drug coverage are available to eligible employees. SOV offers a fully paid $10,000 life insurance benefit.
- Flexible Spending Plan - SOV offers a flexible spending account that allows you to pay certain medical expenses as well as child care on a pre-tax basis.
- Paid Time Off - SOV employees begin accumulating paid time off (PTO) hours immediately.
- Paid Holidays - SOV recognizes 7 paid holidays; those who work a holiday are paid double time. In the third year of service all employees are paid for their birthday.
- Retirement - Employeess are eligible to participate in SOV's 403(b) tax deferred annuity from their first day.
- Education Support - SOV's Professional Development Scholarship awards $1,000 each year to employees pursuing further education in their field.
- Additional Perks and Bonuses - SOV employees are eligible for discounts at local businesses. Employees of the month are recognized with a bonus. Recruitment bonuses for staff and residents are awarded. A quarterly wellness bonus is awarded for participating in a health and wellness check. After 3 years, employees receive an ongoing longevity bonus.