The Chef-Dietary Director supervises dietary operations and dietary employees engaged in serving food to residents.
Shepherd of the Valley is a Christian not-for-profit corporation governed by the basic Christian values of compassion, respect, dignity, spirituality, integrity and quality. Working for Shepherd of the Valley is not just a job, it's a calling.
- Shepherd of the Valley provides 5-star treatment at our facilities.
- We are a healthcare community offering short-term rehabilitation, skilled nursing, long-term care, assisted living, independent living and home health services.
- Trains workers in performance of duties. Provides leadership and training to other dietary managers in the company.
- Assigns and coordinates work of employees to promote efficiency of operations.
- Supervises serving of meals.
- Inspects kitchen and dining areas and kitchen utensils and equipment to ensure sanitary standards and food safety conditions are met.
- Keeps records such as quantity and cost of meals served and hours worked by employees.
- Requisitions and inspects food, supplies, and equipment to maintain stock levels and ensure standards of quality are met.
- Prepares work schedules and evaluates work performance of employees.
- Directs preparation of foods and beverages.
- Monitors QA in dining room and in resident rooms. Provides customer service/focus.
- Follows state and local regulations and requirements.
- Manages budget by increasing revenue and controlling costs.
- Conducts safety-related trainings.
- Ensures meals are served in a timely manner following the meal schedule as directed by administration.
- Assists Clinical Dietitian in planning menus.
- Makes weekly inspections of all dietary functions to ensure quality control measures are continually maintained.
- Participates in various committees as directed.
- Maintains the confidentiality of all resident, staff and organization information.
- Must possess a Culinary Degree as Chef and Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to 1 year related experience and training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Servsafe Certification required.
- Experience in Food Service including cooking, purchasing, scheduling and supervision is also required.
Why work at Shepherd of the Valley?
Shepherd of the Valley (SOV) offers a wide range of benefits as part of you total compensation package. Choose from top medical and dental insurance programs; plan for your future with tax-deferred investing with SOV retirement options; enjoy generous paid holidays and time off; and protect yourself and your family with life and long-term disability insurance. Here are some highlights of our compensation plan.
- Annual Performance Reviews
- Insurance - Medical, dental, eye and prescription drug coverage are available to eligible employees. SOV offers a fully paid $10,000 life insurance benefit.
- Flexible Spending Plan - SOV offers a flexible spending account that allows you to pay certain medical expenses as well as child care on a pre-tax basis.
- Paid Time Off - SOV employees begin accumulating paid time off (PTO) hours immediately.
- Paid Holidays - SOV recognizes 7 paid holidays; those who work a holiday are paid double time. In the third year of service all employees are paid for their birthday.
- Retirement - Employeess are eligible to participate in SOV's 403(b) tax deferred annuity from their first day.
- Education Support - SOV's Professional Development Scholarship awards $1,000 each year to employees pursuing further education in their field.
- Additional Perks and Bonuses - SOV employees are eligible for discounts at local businesses. Employees of the month are recognized with a bonus. Recruitment bonuses for staff and residents are awarded. A quarterly wellness bonus is awarded for participating in a health and wellness check. After 3 years, employees receive an ongoing longevity bonus.
Shepherd of the Valley Lutheran Retirement Inc.is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, gender identity, or any other protected status under applicable law.