The Restorative Aide (STNA) cares for residents in our nursing facilities under the direction of nursing and medical staff.
Shepherd of the Valley is a Christian not-for-profit corporation governed by the basic Christian values of compassion, respect, dignity, spirituality, integrity and quality. Working for Shepherd of the Valley is not just a job, it's a calling.
- Shepherd of the Valley provides 5-star treatment at our facilities.
- We are a healthcare community offering short-term rehabilitation, skilled nursing, long-term care, assisted living, independent living and home health services.
- Answers signal lights, bells, or intercom system to determine residents' needs.
- Assists residents in all areas of the Restorative Program.
- Required to transfer residents prior to performing various exercises.
- Documents progress and maintains records of individual residents.
- Serves and collects food trays and feeds residents requiring help.
- Transports residents or assists residents to walk.
- Assists Nursing Assistants in care delivery as needed.
- Maintains the confidentiality of all resident, staff and organization information.
- Must have a high school diploma or general education degree (GED or the required experience.
- 1-3 months of related experience and/or training OR equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred.
- Must be a State Tested Nurse Aide (STNA) in Ohio.
- Experience in Point Click Care is a plus.
Why work at Shepherd of the Valley?
Shepherd of the Valley (SOV) offers a wide range of benefits as part of you total compensation package. Choose from top medical and dental insurance programs; plan for your future with tax-deferred investing with SOV retirement options; enjoy generous paid holidays and time off; and protect yourself and your family with life and long-term disability insurance. Here are some highlights of our compensation plan.
- Annual Performance Reviews
- Insurance - Medical, dental, eye and prescription drug coverage are available to eligible employees. SOV offers a fully paid $10,000 life insurance benefit.
- Flexible Spending Plan - SOV offers a flexible spending account that allows you to pay certain medical expenses as well as child care on a pre-tax basis.
- Paid Time Off - SOV employees begin accumulating paid time off (PTO) hours immediately.
- Paid Holidays - SOV recognizes 7 paid holidays; those who work a holiday are paid double time. In the third year of service all employees are paid for their birthday.
- Retirement - Employeess are eligible to participate in SOV's 403(b) tax deferred annuity from their first day.
- Education Support - SOV's Professional Development Scholarship awards $1,000 each year to employees pursuing further education in their field.
- Additional Perks and Bonuses - SOV employees are eligible for discounts at local businesses. Employees of the month are recognized with a bonus. Recruitment bonuses for staff and residents are awarded. A quarterly wellness bonus is awarded for participating in a health and wellness check. After 3 years, employees receive an ongoing longevity bonus.
Shepherd of the Valley Lutheran Retirement Inc.is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, gender identity, or any other protected status under applicable law.