The Home Health RN QAPI Nurse provides direction, coordination, and implementation of professional and supportive services to clients in a safe and cost-effective manner.
Shepherd of the Valley is a Christian not-for-profit corporation governed by the basic Christian values of compassion, respect, dignity, spirituality, integrity and quality. Working for Shepherd of the Valley is not just a job, it's a calling.
- Shepherd of the Valley provides 5-star treatment at our facilities.
- We are a healthcare community offering short-term rehabilitation, skilled nursing, long-term care, assisted living, independent living and home health services.
- Supports the company mission, values, strategic goals and high standards of customer service.
- Ensures accurate, complete and timely provision of quality client care and services in compliance with regulatory, operational and financial requirements.
- Monitors and evaluates clinical measures of performance. Develops and follows action plans based on measurement results.
- Performs review in Oasis software and is responsible for locking records.
- Provides support and acts as liaison to clinical staff, including but not limited to: service feedback, mentoring and problem resolution.
- Provides training and educational opportunities for clinical staff and participates and/or facilitates these activities as necessary.
- Assists with the coordination and/or completion of performance improvement activities.
- Participates in activities such as strategic planning, PA meetings, budget development and financial performance and provides salary support when necessary.
- Participates in on-call coverage rotation as needed.
- Develops and implements clinical policy and procedure.
- Works with the Home Health Director to ensure proper coding diagnosis for optimal reimbursement through payers.
- Assists with other duties as needed.
We take pride in our work, and provide quality, compassionate care to our residents each day. We know we are only as good as our employees and that is why we work to hire the right people and treat them well. We count on our caregivers to do a phenomenal job and represent Shepherd of the Valley in a very professional, compassionate, and caring manner.
- Must hold a Nursing Degree from an accredited program or college/university
- Must hold a current, unencumbered, active Ohio RN license.
- Must have CPR certification.
- Must have at least 2 year experience in Home Health Care.
- Must have at least 1 year of supervisory experience.
- Must have a valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record and proof of insurance.
Why work at Shepherd of the Valley?
Shepherd of the Valley (SOV) offers a wide range of benefits as part of you total compensation package. Choose from top medical and dental insurance programs; plan for your future with tax-deferred investing with SOV retirement options; enjoy generous paid holidays and time off; and protect yourself and your family with life and long-term disability insurance. Here are some highlights of our compensation plan.
- Annual Performance Reviews
- Insurance - Medical, dental, eye and prescription drug coverage are available to eligible employees. SOV offers a fully paid $10,000 life insurance benefit.
- Flexible Spending Plan - SOV offers a flexible spending account that allows you to pay certain medical expenses as well as child care on a pre-tax basis.
- Paid Time Off - SOV employees begin accumulating paid time off (PTO) hours immediately.
- Paid Holidays - SOV recognizes 7 paid holidays; those who work a holiday are paid double time. In the third year of service all employees are paid for their birthday.
- Retirement - Employeess are eligible to participate in SOV's 403(b) tax deferred annuity from their first day.
- Education Support - SOV's Professional Development Scholarship awards $1,000 each year to employees pursuing further education in their field.
- Additional Perks and Bonuses - SOV employees are eligible for discounts at local businesses. Employees of the month are recognized with a bonus. Recruitment bonuses for staff and residents are awarded. A quarterly wellness bonus is awarded for participating in a health and wellness check. After 3 years, employees receive an ongoing longevity bonus.