The Registered Nurse (RN) provides supervision in the building and gives direction to the nursing staff. Earn up to $25.09 an hour.
Shepherd of the Valley is a Christian not-for-profit corporation governed by the basic Christian values of compassion, respect, dignity, spirituality, integrity and quality. Working for Shepherd of the Valley is not just a job, it's a calling.
- Shepherd of the Valley provides 5-star treatment at our facilities.
- We are a healthcare community offering short-term rehabilitation, skilled nursing, long-term care, assisted living, independent living and home health services.
- Explains procedures and treatments to residents to gain cooperation, understanding, and allay apprehension.
- Maintains awareness of comfort and safety needs of resident.
- Communicates with family members regarding the progress of the resident.
- Charts all required and necessary information regarding the residents.
- Observes and directs the nurse aide staff, and assists in orientation of new staff.
- Observes resident, records significant conditions and reactions to drugs, treatments, and significant incidents.
- Responds to life-saving situations based upon nursing standards, policies, procedures, and protocol.
- Initiates a resident education plan according to the individualized needs of the resident, as prescribed by facility policy including resident and family instruction.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Must hold a Nursing Degree from an accredited program, college or university.
- A current, unencumbered, active OHIO RN License and current CPR.
- At least 1 year of experience in Long-Term Care.
- Experience in Point Click Care is a plus.
Why work at Shepherd of the Valley?
Shepherd of the Valley (SOV) offers a wide range of benefits as part of you total compensation package. Choose from top medical and dental insurance programs; plan for your future with tax-deferred investing with SOV retirement options; enjoy generous paid holidays and time off; and protect yourself and your family with life and long-term disability insurance. Here are some highlights of our compensation plan.
- Annual Performance Reviews
- Insurance - Medical, dental, eye and prescription drug coverage are available to eligible employees. SOV offers a fully paid $10,000 life insurance benefit.
- Flexible Spending Plan - SOV offers a flexible spending account that allows you to pay certain medical expenses as well as child care on a pre-tax basis.
- Paid Time Off - SOV employees begin accumulating paid time off (PTO) hours immediately.
- Paid Holidays - SOV recognizes 7 paid holidays; those who work a holiday are paid double time. In the third year of service all employees are paid for their birthday.
- Retirement - Employeess are eligible to participate in SOV's 403(b) tax deferred annuity from their first day.
- Education Support - SOV's Professional Development Scholarship awards $1,000 each year to employees pursuing further education in their field.
- Additional Perks and Bonuses - SOV employees are eligible for discounts at local businesses. Employees of the month are recognized with a bonus. Recruitment bonuses for staff and residents are awarded. A quarterly wellness bonus is awarded for participating in a health and wellness check. After 3 years, employees receive an ongoing longevity bonus.