The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) provides prescribed medical treatment and personal care services to residents in the facility.
Shepherd of the Valley is a Christian not-for-profit corporation governed by the basic Christian values of compassion, respect, dignity, spirituality, integrity and quality. Working for Shepherd of the Valley is not just a job, it's a calling.
- Shepherd of the Valley provides 5-star treatment at our facilities.
- We are a healthcare community offering short-term rehabilitation, skilled nursing, long-term care, assisted living, independent living and home health services.
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) communicates a sense of caring, concern and dignity for our residents and is responsible for:
- Provides nursing services to residents, while promoting the highest level of well-being, as directed by management.
- Directs the day-to-day functions of STNAs in accordance with current rules, regulations and guidelines that govern long-term care.
- LPN prepares and administers medications as ordered by the physician.
- Focuses on providing high quality service.
- Maintains confidentiality of residents' and prospective residents' information.
- Attends all required training, in-service, and staff meetings.
- Demonstrates excellent literacy and writing, documentation, communications and interpersonal abilities.
- Makes prompt and accurate judgments with regard to elder care and emergencies.
- Works and communicates effectively with minimum supervision in a team environment.
- Must hold a Nursing Degree from an accredited program, college or university.
- A current, unencumbered, active OHIO LPN License and current CPR.
- Experience in Point Click Care is a plus.
Why work at Shepherd of the Valley?
Shepherd of the Valley (SOV) offers a wide range of benefits as part of you total compensation package. Choose from top medical and dental insurance programs; plan for your future with tax-deferred investing with SOV retirement options; enjoy generous paid holidays and time off; and protect yourself and your family with life and long-term disability insurance. Here are some highlights of our compensation plan.
- Annual Performance Reviews
- Insurance - Medical, dental, eye and prescription drug coverage are available to eligible employees. SOV offers a fully paid $10,000 life insurance benefit.
- Flexible Spending Plan - SOV offers a flexible spending account that allows you to pay certain medical expenses as well as child care on a pre-tax basis.
- Paid Time Off - SOV employees begin accumulating paid time off (PTO) hours immediately.
- Paid Holidays - SOV recognizes 7 paid holidays; those who work a holiday are paid double time. In the third year of service all employees are paid for their birthday.
- Retirement - Employees are eligible to participate in SOV's 403(b) tax deferred annuity from their first day.
- Education Support - SOV's Professional Development Scholarship awards $1,000 each year to employees pursuing further education in their field.
- Additional Perks and Bonuses - SOV employees are eligible for discounts at local businesses. Employees of the month are recognized with a bonus. Recruitment bonuses for staff and residents are awarded. A quarterly wellness bonus is awarded for participating in a health and wellness check. After 3 years, employees receive an ongoing longevity bonus.
Shepherd of the Valley Lutheran Retirement Inc.is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, gender identity, or any other protected status under applicable law.