The Registered Nurse (RN) provides supervision in the building and gives direction to the nursing staff.
Shepherd of the Valley is a Christian not-for-profit corporation governed by the basic Christian values of compassion, respect, dignity, spirituality, integrity and quality. Working for Shepherd of the Valley is not just a job, it's a calling.
- Shepherd of the Valley provides 5-star treatment at our facilities.
- We are a healthcare community offering short-term rehabilitation, skilled nursing, long-term care, assisted living, independent living and home health services.
- Explains procedures and treatments to residents to gain cooperation, understanding, and allay apprehension.
- Maintains awareness of comfort and safety needs of resident.
- Communicates with family members regarding the progress of the resident.
- Charts all required and necessary information regarding the residents.
- Observes and directs the nurse aide staff, and assists in orientation of new staff.
- Observes resident, records significant conditions and reactions to drugs, treatments, and significant incidents.
- Responds to life-saving situations based upon nursing standards, policies, procedures, and protocol.
- Initiates a resident education plan according to the individualized needs of the resident, as prescribed by facility policy including resident and family instruction.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Must hold a Nursing Degree from an accredited program, college or university.
- A current, unencumbered, active OHIO RN License and current CPR.
- Experience in Point Click Care is a plus.
Why work at Shepherd of the Valley?
Shepherd of the Valley (SOV) offers a wide range of benefits as part of you total compensation package. Choose from top medical and dental insurance programs; plan for your future with tax-deferred investing with SOV retirement options; enjoy generous paid holidays and time off; and protect yourself and your family with life and long-term disability insurance. Here are some highlights of our compensation plan.
- Annual Performance Reviews
- Insurance - Medical, dental, eye and prescription drug coverage are available to eligible employees. SOV offers a fully paid $10,000 life insurance benefit.
- Flexible Spending Plan - SOV offers a flexible spending account that allows you to pay certain medical expenses as well as child care on a pre-tax basis.
- Paid Time Off - SOV employees begin accumulating paid time off (PTO) hours immediately.
- Paid Holidays - SOV recognizes 7 paid holidays; those who work a holiday are paid double time. In the third year of service all employees are paid for their birthday.
- Retirement - Employees are eligible to participate in SOV's 403(b) tax deferred annuity from their first day.
- Education Support - SOV's Professional Development Scholarship awards $1,000 each year to employees pursuing further education in their field.
- Additional Perks and Bonuses - SOV employees are eligible for discounts at local businesses. Employees of the month are recognized with a bonus. Recruitment bonuses for staff and residents are awarded. A quarterly wellness bonus is awarded for participating in a health and wellness check. After 3 years, employees receive an ongoing longevity bonus.
Shepherd of the Valley Lutheran Retirement Inc.is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, gender identity, or any other protected status under applicable law.