The Residential Care Coordinator manages, supervises and coordinates the operations of the Assisted Living facility by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
Shepherd of the Valley is a Christian not-for-profit corporation governed by the basic Christian values of compassion, respect, dignity, spirituality, integrity and quality. Working for Shepherd of the Valley is not just a job, it's a calling.
- Shepherd of the Valley provides 5-star treatment at our facilities.
- We are a healthcare community offering short-term rehabilitation, skilled nursing, long-term care, assisted living, independent living and home health services.
- Directs the day-to-day functions of the nursing activities in accordance with current rules, regulations and guidelines.
- Selects, schedules, assigns, and evaluates staff, adjusting hours and shifts as necessary.
- Orients new staff and assures that training and education needs of the staff are met.
- Coordinates unit activities and the work assignments of staff members,
- Evaluates activities of unit to ensure resident care, staff relations and efficiency of service.
- Directs the nursing assessment of all residents.
- Observes the nursing care and visits residents to ensure that nursing care is carried out as directed and treatment is administered in accordance with instructions.
- Develops, implements and evaluates unit policies, goals, and objectives.
- Participates in the development and modifications of unit programs.
- Admits all new residents and completes all admission requirements.
- Coordinates with all aspects of personal care related services, including Home Health Care.
- Interprets and enforces department and institution policies.
- Participates in the development and monitoring of unit budget.
- Ensures that all regulatory issues are met.
- Participates in appropriate department committees.
- Directs preparation and maintenance of residents records.
- Investigates and resolves complaints, or refers unusual problems to superiors.
- Maintains the confidentiality of all resident, staff and organization information.
Directly supervises Nurses and Residential Assistants. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities may include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- 2 years of Long Term Care or Assisted Living experience.
- At least 1 year of supervisory experience.
- Must be a Registered Nurse in the state of Ohio.
Why work at Shepherd of the Valley?
Shepherd of the Valley (SOV) offers a wide range of benefits as part of you total compensation package. Choose from top medical and dental insurance programs; plan for your future with tax-deferred investing with SOV retirement options; enjoy generous paid holidays and time off; and protect yourself and your family with life and long-term disability insurance. Here are some highlights of our compensation plan.
- Annual Performance Reviews
- Insurance - Medical, dental, eye and prescription drug coverage are available to eligible employees. SOV offers a fully paid $10,000 life insurance benefit.
- Flexible Spending Plan - SOV offers a flexible spending account that allows you to pay certain medical expenses as well as child care on a pre-tax basis.
- Paid Time Off - SOV employees begin accumulating paid time off (PTO) hours immediately.
- Paid Holidays - SOV recognizes 7 paid holidays; those who work a holiday are paid double time. In the third year of service all employees are paid for their birthday.
- Retirement - Employees are eligible to participate in SOV's 403(b) tax deferred annuity from their first day.
- Education Support - SOV's Professional Development Scholarship awards $1,000 each year to employees pursuing further education in their field.
- Additional Perks and Bonuses - SOV employees are eligible for discounts at local businesses. Employees of the month are recognized with a bonus. Recruitment bonuses for staff and residents are awarded. A quarterly wellness bonus is awarded for participating in a health and wellness check. After 3 years, employees receive an ongoing longevity bonus.
Shepherd of the Valley Lutheran Retirement Inc.is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, gender identity, or any other protected status under applicable law.