Shepherd of the Valley has an opportunity for a Receptionist to join our Howland campus. This position pays $9.58 hr.
Shepherd of the Valley is a Christian not-for-profit corporation governed by the basic Christian values of compassion, respect, dignity, spirituality, integrity and quality. Working for Shepherd of the Valley is not just a job, it's a calling.
- Shepherd of the Valley has provided peace of mind for Mahoning Valley families and their loved ones since 1972.
- Shepherd’s Overall Quality Ratings exceed county and statewide averages
- We are a healthcare community offering short-term rehabilitation, skilled nursing, long-term care, assisted living, independent living and home health care services.
As a Shepherd employee you will enjoy competitive wages and PTO plans. We offer full medical, dental and vision coverage and paid holidays (for those who qualify). We also offer a Retirement plan and flexible spending accounts. Our employees also enjoy discounts at local businesses, direct deposit, annual increases and free CPR/First Aide certification.
- Answers incoming telephone calls, determines purpose of callers, and forwards calls to appropriate personnel or department.
- Takes and delivers messages or transfers calls to voice mail when appropriate personnel are unavailable.
- Answers questions about organization and provides callers with address, directions, and other information.
- Welcomes on-site visitors with a customer service friendly attitude, determines nature of business, and announces visitors to appropriate personnel.
- Makes employee badges.
- Ensures all job candidates appropriately register.
- Updates appointment calendars.
- Receives, sorts, and routes mail, and maintains and routes publications.
- Sells meal tickets and stamps.
- Creates and prints fax cover sheets, memos, correspondence, reports, and other documents when necessary.
- Performs other clerical duties as needed, such as filing, photocopying, and collating.
- In facilities where required, answers emergency calls and communicates with independent residents on a daily basis and maintains a communication log.
The ideal candidate will be professional, energetic customer service oriented, be able to multi-task, and have knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- High School Graduate or GED Equivalent
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent interpersonal and organization skills
- Professional attire and demeanor
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- 1 year of clerical experience in a long term care setting preferred