The Housekeeper maintains a clean and sanitary environment for residents, resident's families, co-workers and visitors by performing all tasks using established procedures and policies and the effective use of cleaning chemicals and equipment.
Shepherd of the Valley is a Christian not-for-profit corporation governed by the basic Christian values of compassion, respect, dignity, spirituality, integrity and quality. Working for Shepherd of the Valley is not just a job, it's a calling.
- Shepherd of the Valley provides 5-star treatment at our facilities.
- We are a healthcare community offering short-term rehabilitation, skilled nursing, long-term care, assisted living, independent living and home health services.
- Maintains all aspects of resident's living quarters and ancillary areas by following established cleaning procedures.
- Washes beds and mattresses, and remakes beds after dismissal of residents.
- Cleans all glass and mirrors, all bathroom surfaces and fixtures, dusts all furniture and fixtures and sanitizes all beds.
- Maintains and cleans all floor coverings, sweeps, mops and vacuums.
- Replenishes all supplies in assigned areas.
- Keeps work area, utility and storage rooms clean and in an orderly fashion.
- Attends mandatory in-services and meetings.
- Adheres to attendance policies and must be able to work weekends and overtime when required.
- Assists co-workers when scheduled or requested (specialty cleans, etc.).
- High school education; or up to one month of related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Applicants must be able to work day and evening shifts as well as be available to work weekends. Candidates will also be required to pass a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
- 1-2 years of experience in a healthcare facility is preferred.
Why work at Shepherd of the Valley?
Shepherd of the Valley (SOV) offers a wide range of benefits as part of you total compensation package. Choose from top medical and dental insurance programs; plan for your future with tax-deferred investing with SOV retirement options; enjoy generous paid holidays and time off; and protect yourself and your family with life and long-term disability insurance. Here are some highlights of our compensation plan.
- Annual Performance Reviews
- Insurance - Medical, dental, eye and prescription drug coverage are available to eligible employees. SOV offers a fully paid $10,000 life insurance benefit.
- Flexible Spending Plan - SOV offers a flexible spending account that allows you to pay certain medical expenses as well as child care on a pre-tax basis.
- Paid Time Off - SOV employees begin accumulating paid time off (PTO) hours immediately.
- Paid Holidays - SOV recognizes 7 paid holidays; those who work a holiday are paid double time. In the third year of service all employees are paid for their birthday.
- Retirement - Employeess are eligible to participate in SOV's 403(b) tax deferred annuity from their first day.
- Education Support - SOV's Professional Development Scholarship awards $1,000 each year to employees pursuing further education in their field.
- Additional Perks and Bonuses - SOV employees are eligible for discounts at local businesses. Employees of the month are recognized with a bonus. Recruitment bonuses for staff and residents are awarded. A quarterly wellness bonus is awarded for participating in a health and wellness check. After 3 years, employees receive an ongoing longevity bonus.