Meeder Investment Management (Meeder) is a Dublin, Ohio-based asset management firm with over $25 billion in assets under management, advisement, and administration. Meeder offers a wide variety of financial solutions, including Mutual Funds, Separately Managed Accounts, Cash Management and Retirement Plan Services. The firm’s affiliates include three registered investment advisors, a limited purpose broker-dealer, a transfer agency, and the Meeder Funds mutual fund family.
As a Sr. Fixed Income Analyst/Trader, this position will be assisting the portfolio managers’ day-to-day tasks related to fixed income trading, research and portfolio management.
- Prepare, understand, calculate and report portfolio characteristics, statistics, and other investment data for prospective and current client portfolios.
- Provide ad hoc analysis of investment products and client inquiries.
- Respond to internal and external requests for data (performance, asset, client, portfolio data) as needed.
- Become an expert in the short-term investment sector (e.g. commercial paper, corporate notes, U.S. Treasuries, federal agencies, municipal bonds, etc.).
- Canvass the market for appropriate security offerings, negotiate prices with brokers, execute and process buy and sell transactions.
- Develop a well-informed opinion on the fixed income investment market using both quantitative and qualitative inputs and convey these opinions to the trading desk.
- Write monthly, quarterly, and special commentaries including market updates, performance commentary using attribution, positioning and outlook.
- Assist with other projects as deemed appropriate.
Critical Success Factors
- Proactively communicates effectively and efficiently.
- Flexible and adjusts easily to change.jjj
- Ability to work unsupervised and as a team player.
- Complete assignments with a high degree of accuracy and in a timely manner.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, accounting, economics, finance, or a related field is required.
- Progress towards CFA, CMT, or FRM desired.
- Solid analytical, mathematical, quantitative, and research skills.
- Exceptional communication skills both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of capital markets including bond math and bond market pricing
- Proficient in Microsoft Office/Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Experience with Bloomberg a plus