Meeder Investment Management (Meeder) is a Dublin, Ohio-based asset management firm with over $25 billion in assets under management and advisement. Meeder offers a wide variety of financial solutions, including Mutual Funds, Separately Managed Accounts, Cash Management and Retirement Plan Services. The firm’s affiliates include three registered investment advisors, a limited purpose broker-dealer, a transfer agency, and the Meeder Funds mutual fund family.
This position will be responsible for trading and maintaining accurate bookkeeping of client information for the Transfer Agency and Advisory Operations. Candidate will be responsible for processing transactions daily for both Transfer Agency and Portfolio Advisory business, adhering to the Transfer Agency department controls, reconciling to ensure that accounts and positions are in balance and processing Broker Dealer transactions and requests. Accuracy and ability to consistently meet deadlines are extremely important in this position.
- Process and/or quality control daily new client accounts and client transactions.
- Report, communicate and process daily Retirement Plan participant contributions, including being responsible for accurate bookkeeping of Fund allocation percentages for participants.
- Process and confirm Broker Dealer transactions clearing through DTCC daily with at least a 99.9% accuracy rate.
- Report and manage financial advisor activity through DST FanMail.
- Verify Net Asset Values, post transactions, and accurately report all prior day activity to third parties.
- Relied upon to answer (back-up) customer service calls promptly.
- Reconcile daily dividend Fund accruals between Fund Accounting, custodian bank, and the Transfer Agency.
- Adhere to all compliance rules and SEC regulations (Anti-money laundering, Identity Theft, Code of Ethics).
- Process Meeder portfolio transactions through various platforms. Process daily and quarterly fees.
- Create, reconcile, and distribute periodic reports to Retirement Plan Administrators and other third parties.
- Manage monthly e-delivery activations, including registering and communicating to new users.
- Create Meeder Funds shareholder and Financial Advisor statements.
Critical Success Factors
- Passion for the industry within an Operations/call center environment.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to multi-task.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Extremely detail-oriented with a 99% accuracy level.
- Excellent problem solving skills. Excellent reconciliation and analytical skills.
- Strong knowledge of and adherence to compliance responsibilities.
- Driven and proven success in becoming the subject matter expert.
- Strong supervisory skills, initiative, and commitment to be a results-oriented manager.
- Ability to design and test controls, procedures, processes and systems which detect and correct errors.
- Flexible, open-minded, and proven ability to work collaboratively with all levels of staff and management.
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast pace environment with ability to make quick decisions and act in a decisive manner.
- Knowledge of Investment products within the Mutual Fund Industry.
- Professional and accountable with high degree of ethics and integrity.
- FINRA Series 6 License required or must be able to obtain within 1 year.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- Proficient at Microsoft Office suite of products (Specifically Word, Intermediate to Advanced Excel required).
- 2-4 years of experience in an operations/transfer agency department preferred.