Meeder Investment Management (Meeder) is a Dublin, Ohio-based asset management firm with over $25 billion in assets under management, advisement, and administration. Meeder offers a wide variety of financial solutions, including Mutual Funds, Separately Managed Accounts, Cash Management and Retirement Plan Services. The firm’s affiliates include three registered investment advisors, a limited purpose broker-dealer, a transfer agency, and the Meeder Funds mutual fund family.
This position is primarily responsible for communicating the Firm’s investment strategies, performance, capabilities, and positioning across both internal and external distribution channels. The Client Portfolio Manager will serve as a subject matter expert for external clients on the Firm’s investment process and capital market views. The Client Portfolio Manager will also review quantitative model changes utilized in the investment process, and translate evolving model output to the impact on investment exposure across equity and fixed income disciplines.
- Partner with internal and external distribution teams in order to increase and retain assets under management.
- Lead the Firm’s internal and external communication process, including written reports covering portfolio performance, positioning, as well as capital market and macroeconomic analysis.
- Participate in the Firm’s due diligence events to increase awareness of Meeder’s investment philosophy and process among external clients.
- Participate in industry conferences and other client meetings as a subject matter expert on Meeder’s investment process.
- Utilize internal analytical resources to perform portfolio analytics and attribution, as well as provide unique insights into portfolio construction.
- Partner with marketing and sales teams to produce content that offer insights into investment models and portfolio construction, as well as general macroeconomic and capital market themes.
- Generate commentaries on capital market events and catalysts that may be impacting portfolio positioning and performance.
Critical Success Factors:
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, along with the ability to articulate complex finance and mathematical concepts.
- In depth and current knowledge of macroeconomic environment, and an understanding of how economic variables impact portfolio risk and performance.
- Solid grasp of technical and quantitative analysis.
- Strong organization and time management skills with ability to multi-task.
- A passion for investments as an intellectual pursuit.
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to find “outside the box” solutions.
- Professional and accountable with high degree of ethics and integrity.
- Desire for constant learning.
- Ability and willingness to travel.
Required Technical Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Statistics, or other technical degree.
- Professional designation or advanced degree such as CMT, CFA, MBA, etc. preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in an investment-related capacity.
- Proficient with various software systems, including Bloomberg, Morningstar, Zephyr, and Microsoft Office.