Meeder Investment Management is an investment management firm with over $25 billion in assets under
management and advisement. The firm offers a wide variety of financial solutions as part of their
suite of services including advisory services, mutual funds, retirement plan services, separately managed accounts,
and cash management.
- Expand the Public Funds Division by identifying prospects, analyzing portfolios and developing strategies for closing new business throughout Texas.
- Coordinate information flow between clients, staff, operations and investments.
- Analyze various investment options to identify and propose optimal investment solutions.
- Coordinate preparation of reports, presentations, proposals and other written communication.
- Regular networking through attendance at conferences and other municipal events.
- Educate clients and prospects on current market events and investment opportunities.
- Support and develop sales, marketing and service initiatives and activities.
Critical Success Factors
- Superior understanding of capital markets with an emphasis on fixed income, as well as intimate knowledge of public sector investing.
- Familiarity with complex financial modeling, review and analysis.
- Demonstrated project management skills with proven ability to manage multiple tasks and adapt to a changing, fast-pasted environment.
- Independent and self-motivated with a proven track record of business development
- Ability to think and act strategically.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Effective presentation skills within both large and small audiences.
- Demonstrates unwavering personal and professional integrity.
- Desire to take initiative, improve processes and solve problems.
- Strong quantitative problem solving and analytical skills.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Effective relationship management skills.
- Enthusiastic, high-energy, positive attitude.
- Willingness to regularly travel throughout Texas and to other states on occasion.
Technical Skills Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics or related field.
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in the public sector/municipal finance, banking, investment management, trust or financial services arena, demonstrating increasing levels of responsibility.
- CFP, CFA, or other professional designation or candidacy is a plus.
- Existing book of clients that may be transitioned highly desired, but not required.
- Strong working knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint.