Meeder Investment Management (Meeder) is a Dublin, Ohio-based asset management firm with over $25 billion in assets under management and advisement. Meeder offers a wide variety of financial solutions, including Mutual Funds, Separately Managed Accounts, Cash Management and Retirement Plan Services. The firm’s affiliates include three registered investment advisors, a limited purpose broker-dealer, a transfer agency, and the Meeder Funds mutual fund family.
The Internal Sales Desk Manager must possess excellent interpersonal and leadership skills, as the job requires constant interaction with co-workers and registered reps on the phone. The successful candidate for this role will have a deep working knowledge of the financial services industry, including but not limited to Capital Markets, Competitive Intelligence, Platform Knowledge and Coaching Experience. Additionally, the manager must possess motivational skills in order to keep the sales desk focused on maintaining a high level of proactive and quality activity. The successful candidate will have a proven track record in motivating and growing a phone based sales team and understands the interaction between Internal and External Consultants.
- Setting performance standards, reviewing performance, and providing regular and ongoing feedback for Internal Sales Desk.
- Analyze inbound and outbound call statistics, client feedback and prepare Sales Desk management reports on an ongoing basis; using available data to monitor problems and measure the success of the team and the business.
- Oversee all training for Internal Consultants.
- Take ownership of the performance evaluation and development of the Internal Sales Consultants.
- Provide timely feedback to NSM regarding internal sales performance.
- Analyze market trends and opportunities for process change; initiate and manage process changes to ensure a high level of efficiency in terms of quality and productivity.
- Develop new processes for standardizing communication between internal and external consultants as well as NSM.
- Lead and/or participate in various technology projects with business groups to address desktop needs unique to sales; overseeing and identifying methods to increase phone based sales and solutions; including CRM and any databases used.
- In concert with the NSM assist in the development of both sales-related initiatives and sales and marketing campaigns to achieve company goals.
- Support NSM in preparation and development of national sales meetings held twice per year.
- Initiate development of action plans for effective search of sales leads and prospects to penetrate new markets.
- Ensure that sales pipelines and calendars remain full with qualified leads and prospects.
- Support the external sales team by participating in prospective new client meetings, conference support and preparation for external meetings.
Critical Success Factors:
- Thorough knowledge of financial products, services and the competitive environment.
- Must be a self-starter and team player.
- Ability to drive sales using consultative selling and coaching skills.
- Strong sales and influential skills; demonstrated people, client, and project management skills.
- Strong business acumen and sales presence, including the ability to influence decision-makers at all levels.
- Ability to be creative in developing strategies and tactics to expand distribution opportunities with organizations that will maximize Meeder’s exposure.
- Proven track record of consistently meeting or exceeding predetermined key objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business or similar curriculum required. MBA preferred.
- 3 - 5 years of experience in sales management.
- Experience with a cross-section of investment products and distribution channels.
- Proven success running a phone based sales operation.
- FINRA Series 6 and 65 preferred.