Normal Hours/Days: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday - Friday
Location: Western Mental Health Clinic
This employee provides psychiatric services to children and adults admitted to the JBS Western Mental Health Clinic.
Primary Job Functions:
- Responsible for the psychiatric and psychotropic medication treatment of clients.
- Provides guidance re: medical and behavioral treatment of clients
- Provide outpatient psychiatric services at JBS Western MHC location to both the AOT program and the Rehab Day program.
- Perform psychiatric assessments for medication and assign diagnoses.
- Provide clients with a complete explanation of medication benefits and side effects.
- Assist with referrals for psychiatric hospitalization.
- Coordinate care with primary care physicians and other health professionals.
- Use JBSMHA’s electronic medical record for all client documentation and medication prescribing.
- Provide collaboration for Certified Nurse Practitioner’s state license.
- Provide services within guidelines/standards of all regulating organizations (i.e. Alabama Medicaid, DMH, etc)
- Work in conjunction with other agency staff to ensure clients are receiving best, most effective care possible.
- Provide support, consultation and serve as back up for the on-call therapist for after hours emergencies.
- Perform other related duties as needed.
- Board Eligible or Board Certified in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Broad knowledge of psychopharmacology, psychodynamics and principles of community psychiatry.
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals with serious mental illness and severe emotional disturbance.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clinic staff.