Security Officer (Second & Third Shift)
Diamond Shadow is a protective services company specializing in physical security and investigative measures. Developed for corporate professionals and their interests, Diamond Shadow provides solutions for the preservation of physical assets and competitive intelligence. Diamond Shadow is positioned to be a strategic resource in the establishment of security protocols and risk mitigation as required by private and public enterprises. Diamond Shadow is currently hiring full time security officers to join its physical security unit.
Hours and Compensation: Full time, Second and Third Shift. Must be flexible to be on call for variable shifts. Competitive pay based on experience.
Benefits: Competitive Benefits Package - 401k, Medical, Dental, Vision, Short and Long Term Disability, Paid Holidays, PTO.
Summary: Provide for the security, safety, and protection of the assigned property; its facilities, assets, personnel and visitors.
- Preserve the stability and lawfulness of all personnel and visitors by enforcing the regulations and directives of the assigned property and its facilities
- Cultivate and maintain proactive relationships with property personnel and visitors through a positive attitude and professional interactions; serve as the point of contact and first responder for all personnel and visitors within the property facilities
- Respond to unusual conditions, disasters, and emergency situations within the assigned post or property; incidents of fire, medical emergency, bomb threat, flooding, water discharge, hazardous materials, chemical spills, explosions, inclement weather, power outages, and other incidents
- Maintain the psychological fitness required to deal with stress and potentially dangerous situations; Practice sound judgement, ethical conduct, safety management, emotional control, conflict resolution, and professionalism; Utilize rapid and effective judgment in responding to unusual or emergency situations using appropriate use of force continuum.Engage adversarial persons through conflict de-escalation and resolution; by utilizing the appropriate escalation of force level as necessary up to and including armed response by adhering to the established use of force continuum protocol; detain violators and trespassers according to protocol and legal standards
- Uphold the requisite skills ascribed in the use of all assigned protective equipment, restraint devices, weapons, devices, and tools required and necessary to complete daily job functions and allocated tasks
- Control access to the assigned property and its facilities through admittance procedures; direct people and vehicles; prevent unauthorized access; preclude the alteration, destruction, theft, diversion, and loss of physical assets
- Conduct routine foot patrols to assess risk and threat levels; check for unsafe conditions or hazards; inspect protection devices and fire control equipment for irregularities and malfunctions; evaluate access points and controlled areas; determine security violations
- Manage and monitor all aspects of the surveillance systems and security systems; ensure continuous operation of associated equipment and maintenance as required; sound alarms and administer lockdown or evacuation procedures by ushering personnel to safe locations and clearing the facility; contact local emergency units and first responders as required
- Effectively communicate both orally and in writing for daily public interaction; exercise professional mannerisms and relay clear and concise information when conveying messages to local and state government agencies, departments, and representatives
- Undertake investigative measures pertaining to abnormalities, suspicious activity, and incidents; interview individuals and collect evidence as required; annotate all information into logs; preserve evidence and prepare final reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education – A college degree or degree from an institute of higher education. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Experience – 2-3 years of experience working in physical security or a security related capacity; law enforcement; military service (DD 214 required); or related field.
- Additional experience:
- Operating various safety systems, climate controls, alarms, and lighting on property.
- Working both independently and in a team environment.
- Qualifications & Certifications:
- Must be able to maintain and continuously meet applicable municipal, county, and state qualifications for licensing and permit requirements for security officers and armed security work including specific protective device and weapons qualifications
- Possess or able to obtain a Pennsylvania License to Carry Firearm.
- Certified under Pennsylvania Act 235 (Mandatory)
**Note: Diamond Shadow, LLC or one of its affiliated companies provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Diamond Shadow, LLC or one of its affiliated companies complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.