|Position: Administrative Assistant|
|Job Id: 203|
|# of Openings: 1|
Samuel P. Black & Associates, Inc. (dba Black Insurance Group) is located in Erie, PA and has over 50+ years’ experience of providing quality insurance to its wide customer base.
Hours and Compensation: Full time, Monday - Friday, Competitive pay based on experience.
Benefits: Competitive Benefits Package - 401k, Medical, Dental, Vision, Short and Long Term Disability, Paid Holidays, PTO.
Black Insurance Group (BIG) is looking for an exceptional person to join our growing team of professionals. Apply for our full-time Administrative Assistant position if you are looking to have a career with a company that truly values its employees. We need a motivated, positive self-starter who wants to excel at what they do and is willing to work smart.
Please apply if a full-time administrative position is exactly what you are looking for as your career, not as a way to get your foot in the door. We need someone who wants to OWN this position and who goes the extra mile, not because someone told you to, but because it is just how you do things. And let’s face it, we need someone who recognizes (like we do) that this is probably the most important position within our company.
If you are someone who can keep things organized and moving forward while herding the cats and keeping multiple balls in the air, please apply! And if you like to be told, “Thanks, we couldn’t have done it without you”, then we want to hear from you!
Responsibilities of the Administrative Assistant will be in support of the BIG executives:
1. Provide administrative support to the Executive Vice President
2. Make travel plans and reservations
3. Record mileage and other expenses
4. Schedule business/personal appointments
5. Act as a gatekeeper for email, phone and calendar – help the executives to manage business/personal priorities and protect their time
6. Maintain office schedule/calendar for people, projects and other important events and dates
7. Maintain kitchen and office appearance
8. Communicate professionally with clients, coworkers, and vendors, via phone, email, and in-person
9. Welcome visitors to our office and make sure they are comfortable
10. Prepare for in-house client/staff meetings
11. Maintain and order office supplies
12. Sort and prepare incoming and outgoing mail
13. Answer phones, transfer calls and take the occasional message
14. Maintain data, documentation of processes and various types of computer work
15. Use office equipment including copier/scanner/fax
16. Maintain organization of filing system
17. Coordinate with outside vendors including maintenance, cleaning, and IT
18. Review, document, and update office procedures
Some qualities we look for in our team members:
Black Insurance Group (BIG) is not your typical Independent Insurance Agency. While we have been family-owned and managed for 50+ years, we still consider ourselves an emerging company, constantly evolving to be ahead of market trends and to meet the ever-changing needs of our clients.
Serving individual and business clients all over Western and Central Pennsylvania, our core business is commercial insurance (property, general liability, directors & officers, workers compensation), and individual products including homeowners, personal automobile, life and Medicare supplement insurance.
We work with great people and innovative and exciting companies that are changing the world, each in their own way. We take pride in our history, our work ethic, our corporate culture, and especially, our team. Our employees are our greatest asset and we value each of them as such. We offer a competitive salary, benefits package, and an awesome work environment. If you are exceptional and want to be a valued member of a great team of people, send us your resume and a thoughtful cover letter (seriously, don't skip the cover letter - we're a stickler for a cover letter).
**Note: Black Insurance Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Black Insurance Group complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Apply for this Position
|Go back to the job list|