The Hilton garden inn Lansing/Blume restaurant
is seeking a service-oriented, energetic and self-motivated cook to join our exceptional our team. Our cook will work closely with the hotel’s food & beverage team.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Prepare food of consistent quality and assist in kitchen functions.
- Prepare food of consistent quality following recipe cards and production and portion standards, per check from servers.
- Start food items that are prepared ahead of time, making sure not to over prepare estimated needs.
- Date all food containers and rotate as per hotel standards, making sure that all perishables are kept at proper temperatures.
- Check pars for shift use, determine necessary preparation, freezer pull and line set up. Note any out-of stock items or possible shortages. Assist in keeping buffet stocked.
- Return all food items not used on next shift to designated storage areas, being sure to cover/date all perishables.
- Assist in setting up plans and actions to correct any food cost problems, control food waste, loss and usage per HGI standards.
- Operate, maintain and properly clean deep fryer, broiler, stove, steamer, food processor, mixer, slicer, oven steam table, tilt kettle, waffle iron and flat top grill.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- Must be able to speak, read, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Requires good communication skills.
- Ability to stand for hours at a time.
- Requires grasping, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Ability to lift and/or carry, or otherwise, move goods weighing a maximum of 100 lbs. on a continuous schedule
- High school education preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.