Hilton Garden Inn Lansing, is offering an exciting opportunity for a guest-focused, friendly, outgoing individual to serve and assist guests as our AM Cook. The ideal candidate must multi-task effectively and must be willing to work weekends and holidays. The qualified, proactive candidate will prepare food of consistent quality and assist in kitchen functions.
• Prepare food of consistent quality following recipe cards and production and portion standards, per check from servers.
• Start food items that are prepared ahead of time, making sure not to over prepare estimated needs.
• Date all food containers and rotate as per HGI standards, making sure that all perishables are kept at proper temperatures.
• Check pars for shift use, determine necessary preparation, freezer pull and line set up. Note any out-of stock items or possible shortages. Assist in keeping buffet stocked as applicable.
• Return all food items not used on next shift to designated storage areas, being sure to cover/date all perishables.
• Assist in setting up plans and actions to correct any food cost problems, control food waste, loss and usage per HGI standards.
• Operate, maintain and properly clean deep fryer, broiler, stove, steamer food processor, mixer, slicer, oven steam table, tilt kettle, waffle iron and flat top grill.
• Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
• Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
• Hotel experience preferred.
• Must possess a food handler's certificate.
• Should have flexible scheduling that allows for weekend and holiday scheduling availability.
• A strong desire to grow and learn in Culinary skills.
• Be a problem solver who collaborates well with others.
• Finger/hand dexterity in order to operate food machinery with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry, or otherwise, move goods weighing a maximum of 100 lbs. on a continuous schedule with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public etc.
At Hilton Garden Inn Lansing, we emphasize training and constantly strive to foster a learning environment that provides clear career paths for all team members regardless of entry level into the Group 10 Management Company. We provide training to new team members and ensure that our current team member training is an on-going and continuous process.
- Must have excellent communication, phone, and hospitality skills.
- A flexible schedule is necessary for this position, including the ability to work nights, weekends and holidays.
- Team members are expected to carry out all reasonable requests by Manager/Supervisors which the team member is capable of performing.
- Wellness: We offer health benefits after 90 days to full-time employees.
- Taking Time For You: Paid vacation and sick time after 1 year as well as discounted room nights at Hilton hotels.
- Holiday Pay: Yes.
- Career Development: Throughout your career, we will ensure your success by providing training and career growth opportunities.