Assist the Executive Housekeeper in the supervision of the housekeeping and laundry operation to ensure product quality standards are
met and that optimum service is provided to hotel guests according to hotel and company business objectives.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with scheduling and room cleaning assignments to ensure proper coverage.
- Assist with training of employees and ensuring that they have the tools and equipment needed to effectively carry out their respective job duties. Monitor performance and make recommendations for disciplinary and other human resources-related actions.
- Inspect all assigned rooms and public areas to ensure furnishings, guest rooms/suites, equipment, linens, and public areas are clean and in good repair to meet guest satisfaction. Advise employees of deficiencies and instruct on corrective action. Provide adequate retraining as needed.
- Routinely perform all housekeeping duties necessary including making beds, and vacuuming and cleaning guest suites to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Respond to guest complaints, special requests and ensure corrective action is taken to achieve complete guest satisfaction.
- Notify management when par levels for supplies and equipment are insufficient with required inventories.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Key departmental contacts include Front Office and Maintenance.
- May maintain procedures for security of lost and found items.
- May assist with other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
1 year housekeeping experience including some supervisory training/experience.
This job requires the ability to perform the following:
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds and pushing and or pulling approximately 200 pounds
- Frequently standing up and moving about the facility
- Frequently handling objects and equipment to maintain the facility
- Frequently bending, stooping, and kneeling
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with guests and employees.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when compiling departmental records, logs, or paperwork.
- Basic mathematical skills are used often.
- Problem-solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities are used often.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
Job Type: Part-time
- Relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Housekeeping: 1 year (Preferred)
- Housekeeping Supervisor: 1 year (Preferred)