Our people matter, and that makes all the difference
|Position: Bartender - Urban Steak Bar & Grill-Romulus|
|Job Id: 583|
|# of Openings: 4|
Job Title: Bartender
Reports to: Restaurant Manager
As a Restaurant Bartender, you will combine a pleasant personality with a dynamic professional attitude and possess a natural talent for customer service. You will ensure our guests enjoy their dining experience with the freshest and friendliest service.
· Mix ingredients, such as liquor, soda, water, sugar, and bitters, in order to prepare cocktails and other drinks.
· Serve wine, and bottled or draft beer.
· Collect money for drinks served.
· Arrange bottles and glasses to make attractive displays.
· Slice and pit fruit for garnishing drinks.
· Order or requisition liquors and supplies.
· Clean glasses, utensils, and bar equipment.
· Attempt to limit problems and liability related to customers' excessive drinking by taking steps such as persuading customers to stop drinking, or ordering taxis or other transportation for intoxicated patrons.
· Balance cash receipts.
· Check identification of customers in order to verify age requirements for purchase of alcohol.
· Clean bars, work areas, and tables.
· Create drink recipes.
· Plan, organize, and control the operations of a cocktail lounge or bar.
· Serve snacks or food items to customers seated at the bar.
· Take beverage orders from serving staff or directly from patrons.
· Check with guests to ensure that they are enjoying their food/beverage and act to correct any problems
· Comply with all food, safety and brand standards
· Perform other duties as requested by management
· Two year of current working experience as a bartender
· Excellent knowledge of in mixing, garnishing and serving drinks
· Computer literate.
· Positive attitude and excellent communication skills
· Ability to keep the bar organized, stocked and clean
· Knowledge of a second language is a plus
· Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
· Excellent multitasking abilities
· Ability to memorize
· Proficiency in English (verbal and written)
· Exceptional math skills including arithmetic, algebra and their applications.
· Problem-solving skills
· Knowledge of customer service
· High School diploma/GED or higher
The position operates in a restaurant and kitchen work environment inside of a hotel. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and fax machines. The employee may be exposed to hazards including, but not limited to slipping, tripping, burns and cuts. Frequent hand washing is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; bend and squat; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to lift and/or carry, up to 30 pounds.
Group10 provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
The above job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Apply for this Position
|Go back to the job list|