Assistant General Manager
At Johnny's Italian Steakhouse, our Managers support and ensure that the restaurant operates within established guidelines, while meeting/exceeding sales and profitability objectives established during the budgeting process.
- Ensure company policy and Brand Equity Standards are followed.
- Optimize profits by controlling food, beverage and labor costs.
- Hiring, training and developing new hourly team members
- Increasing sales by ensuring guest satisfaction and prompt problem resolution
- Maintain an overall management style in accordance with our established best practices.
- Provide leadership and direction to all team members to ensure efficient operation
- Ensure food quality and availability.
- Prepare and present hourly team member reviews.
- Oversee and supervise all beverage purchasing.
- Complete all tasks assigned by General Manager on time.
HS degree or equivalent preferred
Years of Experience Preferred/Required:
- 2-4 years related experience
- Has strong knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures in a restaurant.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Must have ability to accurately handle money, make change, process credit card transactions and have strong menu knowledge.
- Performs a variety of tasks. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Must be 21 years of age, with a minimum of 2 years full service restaurant experience
- Passion for the business and compassion for people.
- Outstanding leadership and communication skills.
- Ability to recruit, develop and motivate team members
- Must be able to create fun in a fast-paced and stressful environment.
- Must be able to lift approximately 50 lbs.
- Typically works under general supervision and reports to an GM.