The Hilton Garden Inn Lansing is seeking a positive, service-oriented, energetic and self-motivated server to join our exceptional food & beverage team. Our Server will work closely with the hotel’s food & beverage team.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Serve food and/or beverages
- Provide excellent customer service
- Answer customer and public inquiries
- Assist patrons in food and beverage selections
- Clean work areas and set dining area
- Collect payment
- Notify kitchen personnel of food orders, shortages or special orders
- Executes show quality standards at all times
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical skills
- May be required to perform diverse physical tasks
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, stooping, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Must be able to lift and carry thirty pounds
- Possible hazards include, but are not limited to, slips, trips, falls, burns, cuts and strains.
- Must have at least two years of current serving experience in a full service restaurant.
- Integrity of character is essential. Must have pleasant personality in order to maintain positive morale among employees, guests and upper level management
- A passion for food is a must, along with eagerness to learn
- Must be able to cooperate and work alongside all resort departments to foster and promote a harmonious work environment.
- Availability to work with flexible work schedule, including weekends and holidays.
- High school or equivalent education required.
- Experience serving customers in an outgoing environment is a plus