Position is for Part Time Saturday/ Sunday and Holidays.
It is the responsibility of the Supervisor, Housekeeping to inspect rooms, assist with inventory, coordinate expected arrivals and expected departures with Front Desk, and verify daily room cleanings while providing excellent guest service. All duties are to be performed in accordance with federal, state, local laws, regulations, and ordinances, as well as department and Company policies, practices, and procedures, within the framework and intent of Hilton and Group 10 Management.
- Inspects and evaluates guest rooms for cleanliness.
- Reports needs in general cleaning and repairs of general rooms and hallways.
- Oversees that maid carts are presentable at all times and linen closets are neat, clean, organized and fully stocked.
- Reports general cleaning needs and maintenance problems in guest rooms, corridors, service areas and linen closets.
- Oversee and lead Laundry staff, Housekeeping staff, and communicate effectively with the front desk staff..
- Obtains list of vacant rooms which need to be cleaned immediately and list of prospective check outs in order to prepare work assignments.
- Advises manager or desk clerk of rooms ready for occupancy.
- Ensures that all lost and found items are promptly turned in to the Security Department.
- Inventories stock to ensure adequate supplies and issues supplies and equipment to workers.
- Supervises/Manages the Housekeeping team to include efficient staffing, team member development and training, performance management and policy enforcement.
- Promotes and maintains the highest level of customer service to all guests while staying alert to their needs.
- Responds effectively to guest inquiries related to Hampton Inn and Hilton standards.
- Resolves guest complaints within scope of authority; otherwise refers the matter to management. Notifies supervisor and/or Security of all unusual events, circumstances, missing items, or alleged theft.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 21 years of age or older.
- High School diploma or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality, Business Administration or related field preferred.
- One to three year experience Housekeeping
- Leadership, Team work, and the ability to overcome daily obstacles to complete tasks
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office to include Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Keyboarding and typing skills.
- Excellent guest service and hospitality skills.
- Strong analytical and listening skills.
- Self-motivated with excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Bilingual abilities preferred.
- Ability to handle and maintain confidential information.
- Ability to lift and carry up to fifty (50) pounds at a time.
- Ability to push and pull heavy items and equipment.
- Ability to perform various activities such as constant standing, walking, frequent bending, reaching, kneeling, and squatting.
- Ability to multi-task several activities and duties simultaneously.
- Ability to function and act independently.
- Ability to work well with people, in a team environment, and to communicate effectively both written & oral.
- Ability to function in a fast paced environment, under short time constraints, and within established deadlines.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including extended hours, weekends, and holidays.