|Job Title: Maintenance Engineer
Reports to: General Manager
A positive, service-oriented, energetic and self-motivated Maintenance Engineer that will maintain all equipment in good repair with a minimum of downtime by providing day-to-day maintenance of the hotel.
- Respond and attend to guest repair requests
- Understand and operate advanced electrical, plumbing, refrigeration
- Ability to interpret readings from meters & gauges and other measuring units
- Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments
- Perform maintenance activities in the guest room like plunging toilets, unclogging drains, repairing all types of hardware, electrical equipment including lamps, air conditioners / HVAC and AC ducts
- Test, troubleshoot and perform basic repair on all types of equipment
- To operate as an independent mechanic by analyzing problems, identifying courses of action, and implementing solutions with available resources and to a high degree of quality
- To be available for any emergencies and act in an engineering capacity to protect guests and associates, and preserve the building and its systems during the emergency
- To monitor fire Alarm / Life Safety System systems as necessary, to be fully informed of the system operation and to handle emergencies involving the systems
- Maintain maintenance inventory and requisition parts and supplies as needed
- Maintains the hotel facility and related equipment in a safe and efficient manner
- Performs other duties as assigned by Management
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Related degree from a technical college preferred
- Skilled in the use of hand and power tools.
- Ability to take apart machines, equipment, or devices to remove and replace defective parts.
- Ability to check blueprints, repair manuals, or parts catalogs as necessary.
- Ability to use common tools such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches.
- Experience with precision measuring instruments or electronic testing devices.
- Experience performing routine maintenance.
- Strong organizational and follow up skills.
- Eye for detail.
- Professional presentation and attitude.
- Ability to maintain focus while working individually.
- Strong time management skills.
- Previous maintenance experience in a commercial setting, at least two years of current experience.
- Analytical/Critical Thinking - The ability to gather and organize information using a logical and systematic process; recognize patterns and relationships in complex data; examine data to identify implications, problems and draw appropriate conclusions; generate alternative solutions to problems; evaluate strengths, weaknesses and consequences of alternative solutions and approaches to solving problems
- Adaptability - Ability to effectively adjust to major changes in work tasks or the work environment
- Public Safety and Security - Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective operations for the protection of people, data and property
- Communication - Skilled at clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media; engaging the audience and helping them understand and retain the message
- High Work Standards - Sets high standards of performance for self and others; assumes responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks
- Planning and Organizing - Skilled at establishing courses of action for self and others to ensure work is completed efficiently
- Problem Solving/Decision Making - Ability to identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing solutions
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The position operates within the work environment of a hotel. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, wet and/or humid conditions, high precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, outside weather conditions, vibration and the risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to occasionally loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear and see including close vision, distance vision, color vision and depth perception. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel and use hand tools; reach with hands and arms; bend, push, pull, crawl, crouch, kneel, climb, balance and lift, up to sixty pounds.
Group10 provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time