We are currently looking for an Executive Chef /Food and Beverage Director to lead our future team at the new Blume Restaurant (Hilton Garden Inn-Lansing), scheduled to open in April 2019
The executive chef will be responsible for all culinary activities for the restaurant. This position will oversee all activity in the kitchen, train personnel, plan menus, oversee product purchasing and manage culinary budget.
- Develop recipes and portion specifications in accordance with consumer tastes, nutritional needs, product specifications, ease of preparation and established procedures and budgetary constraints; participate in other menu planning activities to include the determination of purchasing specifications, product and recipe testing and menu development.
- Make periodic and regular inspections of units to observe quality of food preparation and service; food appearance; and cleanliness and sanitation of production and service areas, equipment and employee appearance.
- Coordinate all training activities for kitchen and other production and service employees, including the identification and analysis of training needs and the design and implementation of programs to address these deficiencies.
- Prepare operational reports and analyses setting forth progress and adverse trends and make appropriate recommendations.
- Create a culture of teamwork, communication and positive, can-do attitudes.
- Develop and manage a high performing team through successful planning, coaching and recruitment and hiring of employees.
- Ensure proper communication to front line associates regarding all relevant information.
- Bachelor’s Degree with major in food preparation, management, nutrition or related field
- Four years of progressive experience in high-volume food production or catering, or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience.
- Exceptional communication and leadership skills
- Excellent organizational and multitasking abilities
- Proficiency in English (verbal and written)
- Strategic thinking along with thoroughness
- Exceptional presentation skills