Our people matter, and that makes all the difference
|Position: Director of Catering|
|Job Id: 365|
|# of Openings: 1|
The Director of Catering is focused and responsible for the following:
• Develop and maintain good relationships with existing clients in order to produce groups and convention business, to include room sales, food and beverage sales, catering/banquet services.
• Coordinate Group Transient and Catering booking to maximize profits.
• Develop hotel-level tactical sales and marketing plans to support overall system-wide sales plans/strategies and programs.
• Market, advertise, and promote the hotel’s catering capabilities with the ultimate goal of increasing the hotel’s catering profits.
• Complete B.E.O’s for all meeting room functions/catering functions accordingly and are generated in a timely manner.
• Train on Sales Standards and Brand Standards if affiliated with a hotel brand.
• Develops and maintains good relationships with officials and representatives of local community groups and companies, and attends out-of-town conventions to generate business.
• Develops and update of the hotel-level business plan to include input on sales goals and plans that support the overall business and sales strategies of the company.
• Responds quickly to guest requests in a friendly manner. Follows up to ensure guest satisfaction.
• Soliciting new accounts to meet and exceed revenue goals.
• Prospect for new clients which will include setting up appointments, perform inside and outside cold calls as recommended per solicitation goals.
• Attend on site and off site sales blitzes & hotel tours.
• Attend outside networking functions such as luncheons, chamber events, or other community/business based networking receptions.
• Use creativity and initiative to explore new ways to increase revenue.
• Able to multi-task and prioritize.
• The Director of Catering must have flexibility, anticipate some scheduled weekend and evening hours, including participation in the Manager-On-Duty coverage.
• Achieve weekly, monthly, & quarterly sales goals.
• Thorough knowledge of property, space, capacities, concept/food style (menus)
• Directly engages public relations, marketing and the community for clever and engaging catering marketing and direct actions, and private dining sales.
To perform this job successfully, an employee must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Analytical - the employee synthesizes complex or diverse information and demonstrates strong financial skills.
• Problem solving - the employee identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
• Communication - the employee speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrates group presentation skills and conducts productive meetings. Well- developed interpersonal skills as well as written and verbal communication.
• Delegation - the employee delegates work assignments, gives authority to work independently, sets expectations and monitors delegated activities.
• Leadership - the employee inspires and motivates others to perform well and accepts feedback from others. Maintains sound relationship building skills. Ability to establish credibility and be decisive, while being able to recognize and support the organization’s preferences and priorities.
• Management skills - the employee includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; makes self available to staff; provides regular performance feedback; and develops subordinates’ skills and encourages growth. Participative Management Style- advocates team concepts.
• Quality management - the employee looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Experience in operations management with experience of managing multiple operations preferred.
• Judgment - the employee displays willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment, and makes timely decisions.
• Planning/organizing - the employee prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
• Safety and security - the employee observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.***
Apply for this Position
|Go back to the job list|