In 2016 the US subsidiary Krauss-Maffei Corporation celebrated its 50th anniversary in the USA.
|Position: General Manager|
|Job Id: 129|
|# of Openings: 1|
Leading KraussMaffei’s Reaction Processing Machinery Segment in the US, which has roughly $35M in turnover. Responsible for new machinery sales and project management and jointly responsible for product design, electrical and software engineering, production, installation and customer support (as part of engineering and production takes place locally in the US and part in the KM Headquarter in Germany). Guide the development of the overall leadership structure and strategic plan and create goals and plans for quality and financial management of the division.
• Develop and implement sales program, strategy and programs for successful business operations, including sales measurement, reporting and compensation systems.
• Forecast sales volumes.
• Liaison with marketing and account managers to achieve and promote product awareness, and ensure consistency between sales and Marketing initiatives.
• Provide input to organizational and product strategy development process.
• Proper specification of the machine and its components /involvement in vendors sourcing and selection process in conjunction with purchasing department.
• Responsible for all personnel and function of the engineering group, i.e., planning and designing of products, machines, other mechanically functioning equipment and mechanical industrial processes, as well as installation, operation, production and maintenance of same equipment.
• Interprets blueprints, sketches, and written or verbal orders/quotes for technical and commercial feasibility as it relates to specific customer requirements.
• Leading the production and installation group
• Planning and establishing project schedules and follow-up on actual performance against estimates.
• Determines work procedures and assignments for subordinates managers.
• Ensures that job schedules are adhered to and achieved by all necessary personnel.
• Conducts project kick-off meetings and ongoing reviews with division VP, other vendors and the customer during the order process.
• Timely execution projects as well as achieving forecasted P&L results.
• Identify and develop an overall leadership structure and team. Leadership philosophies will be firmly grounded in a "team" mentality and approach.
• Assist in the development of a structure or framework that integrates the division in decision making and significantly involves them in strategic planning and budgeting.
• Ensures close coordination between US operations and other KM entities in particular in the German headquarters
• Evaluates training and development needs of all subordinate staff to maximize performance.
• Tracks and reviews performance and attainment of goals, budget and cost adherence, as well as conformance to company policy and guidelines.
• May be required to visit specific locations at request of customer or as a technical resource to the field service staff or sales force.
• Performs all other duties as required by management.
This position directly manages all 45 employees in the RPM (Florence and Brighton) department and is responsible for the performance management, hiring, coaching/mentoring and effective leadership of the employees within the department.
This job operates in a professional office environment in our Florence facility. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines which create low-moderate noise.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day.
• The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
• Ability to work in a constant state of alertness required.
Expected Hours of Work
This is a salaried, exempt level, full-time position with standard working days/hours of Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm with additional time as necessary to complete required tasks. Actual working hours may vary based on needs of customers. Must be willing to work long hours as dictated by the situation. This will periodically include evenings and weekends.
Travel is moderate to high, primarily in a multi-regional area and during the business day, although out-of-the-area and overnight travel will occur. Travel to Germany or other international location is likely for training/conferences/meetings. Anticipated travel is 50%, mainly domestic, in particular to the Detroit/Brighton area.
Required Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical or related engineering discipline or business field.
• 8+ years background in Process Technology/ Engineering and Project Management.
• Experience in Sales Positions for Machinery and Equipment
Preferred Education and Experience
• Master’s degree preferred.
• Requires high diplomacy and tact to work with customers
Krauss-Maffei Corporation is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran statuS.
*This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities
Apply for this Position
|Go back to the job list|