Labconco Corporation, a worldwide manufacturer of laboratory equipment, is seeking an experienced professional Product Manager whose primary responsibility will be for management and growth of laboratory products. This person should understand the competitive landscape and identify market opportunities. As needed, they will serve as the technical resource for dealers, end users and Labconco associates requiring product selection, function and applications support.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Have technical expertise in Ventilation and HVAC to manage our Fume Hood and Ventilation Products.
- Provide HVAC and Ventilation technical expertise in regards to application and sales support to Customer Service, Inside and Outside Representatives and End Users.
- Responsible for managing market activities necessary to promote product portfolio, including but not limited to development of sales support material (literature, application notes, online content, etc.), dealer support material (fliers, webcasts, articles, etc.), promotions, annual marketing plans and other activities designed to support and enhance the positioning of the company brand.
- Research markets, product applications and competitive environment. Bring competitive product information, product improvement suggestions and new product development ideas.
- Understand competitive landscape. Build and maintain competitive files for products within portfolio. Analyze differences between Labconco products and major competitors and communicate to Sales and Support.
- Lead Product Development Team(s) in assigned product portfolio, develop Product Development proposals and implement Market Introduction Plan for products.
- Collaborate with Marketing Communications, develop appropriate promotional programs and educational content for products.
- Provide training, conduct seminars and develop training materials.
- Understand applications and operation of products.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Marketing Manager.
Qualified candidates should have the following:
- Bachelor's degree from four year college or university in Biology, Life Science, or Engineering preferred; or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ high level experience in HVAC. Experience with ventilation and HVAC is preferred.
- Marketing or product management experience.
- Certifications a plus; LEED, ASCP, etc.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work effectively, professionally and tactfully with a diverse workforce.
- Ability to be flexible, handle pressure and stressful situations in a professional manner.
- Strong communication skills are also required, both verbal and written.
- Ability to travel 10-20%.
PTO, 9 paid holidays, Medical, HSA, FSA, Dental, Vision, 401k (Traditional and Roth), Company paid life insurance, LTD & STD.