Labconco Corporation, a manufacturer of laboratory equipment, is seeking an experienced Maintenance Associate to join our team. Seeking someone who has knowledge and understanding that applies facilities and mechanical maintenance.
- Keep equipment operational, systems and building ready for use by completing preventive maintenance; maintaining maintenance records; following policies and procedures; completing repairs and installing replacement parts.
- Read and understand mechanical drawings, wiring diagrams, parts lists, etc. required for repair of machinery, equipment, tooling or the facility’s mechanical systems. Ability to understand CNC machine controls, programmable controllers and the use of computers for diagnostic testing, preventative maintenance, parts inventory, etc.
- Use machine tools, such as Mills, Lathes, proficient welding abilities, fabrication, welding equipment, powered vehicles and all other tools and equipment required for the repair and replacement of parts on machines, equipment, tooling, mechanical systems, etc.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair refrigeration systems, including EPA certification (preferred).
- Maintain building accessibility and appearance by picking up litter; removing ice and snow from walkways and parking lot; painting, etc.
- Complete facility maintenance and repairs including appliances, plumbing, electrical wiring and conduit fabrication, HVAC units. Work with vendors and/or contractors as necessary to maintain and repair such facilities.
- Working knowledge of electrical systems and NEC and other electrical standards.
- Complete facility requests, i.e. hauling files and boxes, moving furniture, setting up furnishings; preparing rooms for meetings, etc.
- Ability to safely perform job duties with minimum supervision at a high level of quality and productivity.
- Be highly motivated with a strong work ethic, dependability and attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively, professionally and tactfully with a diverse workforce.
- Ability to be flexible, handle pressure and stressful situations in a professional manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively will all levels of personnel including service and outside contractors.
- Associates Degree or Technical Certification preferred, High School Diploma or GED required.
Vacation, 9 paid holidays, medical, FSA, HAS, dental, vision, 401k (Roth and Traditional), company paid life insurance, LTD & STD.