Responsible for creating and maintaining a highly productive Warehouse Department in a Manufacturing Environment. Advising and making recommendations regarding the department to the Plant or Production Manager.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Strong experience with ERP systems, Bill of Lading, Bill of Material.
- Experienced in International Shipping and customs requirements.
- Manage the warehouse functions including shipping, receiving, inventory control, and material handling.
- Plan and implement process improvement within area of responsibility. Manage and facilitate small group improvement team(s) for formal problem identification and resolution when needed.
- Plan and manage the budget, responsible for material handling equipment (such as racking, shelving, etc.) required to effectively operate the department.
- Ensure department activities are completed safely and comply with regulatory agencies. Proactively promote and maintain a safe working environment.
- Manage and facilitate training and educational opportunities for associates in order to support their continued growth.
- Be responsible for the returned goods authorization (RGA's).
- Coordinate with the Plant or Production Manager in achieving ongoing organizational development by recruiting and hiring qualified candidates and helping them to contribute, create and grow.
- Being an active and contributing member of the Safety Committee.
- Conduct associate performance reviews, if applicable, per Labconco policy and procedures and provides recommendations to Plant or Production Manager.
- Responsible for staying up to date on Hazmat Shipping requirements and training for both yourself and associates.
- Ensure area of responsibility maintains good housekeeping and organization.
- Use your resources to maintain and manage inventory of trade show equipment.
Bachelor's degree from a four year college or university; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Two plus years prior experience managing or supervising a team of employees.
PTO, 9 paid holidays, Medical, HSA, FSA, Dental, Vision, 401k (Traditional and Roth), Company paid life insurance, LTD & STD.