Assistant Director of Education, MDS
CLIENT ASSOCIATION: International Parkinson and Movement Disorder Society, MDS
POSITION REPORTS TO: Director of Education
POSITION(S) REPORTING TO ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF EDUCATION:
2 Program Managers
The Assistant Director of Education provides high-level management and administrative support to the MDS leadership and the Director of Education in the coordination of MDS educational programming and related leadership activities. The Assistant Director of Education leads the development of needs assessments, evaluation data, tracking of key performance indicators, course planning, organizational processes and the CME Program.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES (Minimum of 37.5 hours/week):
- Supervise the Program Managers ensuring that they can be successful in their job responsibilities and comply with all the performance standards of EDI and MDS.
- Manage identified program areas, including the general MDS education program, CME program, regional education programming and related activities, in addition to other workshops, programs and initiatives, as assigned; providing leadership and working in tandem with the appropriate Committees from program concept to completion.
- Develop comprehensive budgets for assigned programs, identify program venues and provide direction for venues, coordinate logistics, invite faculty, organize speaker travel, tabulate program evaluations, and compose executive program summaries.
- Provide team support as needed for course development and onsite travel outside one’s assigned section.
- Oversee the maintenance of all files for all programs providing CME credits, for live, online, and enduring programs; including, but not limited to Congress evaluations, faculty financial disclosures, pre- and post-tests, certificates, and faculty slide review. Work with Director of Education to ensure continued compliance with appropriate accreditation guidelines toward the next reaccreditation cycle (ie, completion of all accreditation reports).
- Develop course syllabi and other program-related materials.
- Manage registration processes for assigned programs.
- Support the Director of Education and assigned committees, task forces, sections or other workgroups, as needed to achieve objectives in accordance with the MDS strategic plan including, but not limited to, development of reports, agendas, minutes, timelines, action plans, correspondence, and other presentation materials; as well as keeping the MDS action item report and program approval grid up to date at all times.
- Handle MDS administrative procedures such as cash sheets, check requests, invoices, booking staff travel, drafting and distributing staff memos and board reports.
- Provide full secretarial support to the educational Course Director.
- Provide for the onboarding of new MDS-Education personnel. This includes creating and updating a manual for onboarding and a checklist for the new/transferred employee.
- Perform annual evaluation of all templates used by Program Managers and revise and communicate as necessary.
- Oversee the completion by staff of all planning timelines, including post activities, budget links and evaluation links
- Other duties as assigned.
AMOUNT OF TRAVEL REQUIRED: Approximately 3-4 weeks per year including some international travel; some early morning/evening and weekend work required.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Bachelor's degree required. Program management, committee and meeting management and communications experience required. Experience with supervision of staff required. Experience with adult learning and curriculum development required. Excellent organizational and verbal and written communication skills required. Word processing and spreadsheet skills in MS Office environment are essential. Previous association management experience and familiarity with nonprofit boards of directors preferred. Experience with Continuing Medical Education (CME) and ACCME accreditation standards is preferred.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Occasional lifting of up to 50 lbs. may be required.