Membership & Meetings Manager, CSRS
CLIENT ASSOCIATION: Cervical Spine Research Society
POSITION REPORTS TO: Executive Director
EMPLOYEE STATUS: Exempt
GENERAL SUMMARY: This position works closely with the Executive Director to ensure successful planning for the implementation of the CSRS Annual Meeting and various board meetings. In addition, the position implements activities that further the association’s objectives, liaises with committees as assigned to provide assistance and support, and manages membership recruitment and retention plans.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES (Minimum of 37.5 hours/week):
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Development and maintenance of administrative timelines in consultation with the Executive Director.
- Management and oversight of the CSRS Annual Meeting and the various board meetings held throughout the year. This includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Working with Executive Director to develop and manage meeting budgets;
- Assistance in the development and analysis of meeting marketing strategies; Oversees creation and lay out of promotional materials including but not limited to marketing, design, and development of annual conference website, preliminary and final programs, broadcast emails, print and web advertising, etc.;
- Assist with development of educational programs as necessary, working with Program Committees to schedule sessions and assign meeting space;
- Management of speaker databases, invitations, confirmation, requirements, and reimbursement processes in accordance with ACCME guidelines and CSRS policies;
- Oversight of pre-registration and onsite registration for all meetings;
- Management of onsite meeting logistics, including catering and AV requirements;
- Onsite management of sponsors/exhibitors;
- Contracting outside vendors for exhibition decorating, audio-visual, catering, security, and freight services;
- Shipping and inventory of meeting materials;
- Facilitate preparation, distribution and tabulation of program evaluations;
- When appropriate, implement and maintain compliance with any relevant ACCME guidelines through the application of appropriate design, methodology and assessment.
- Directs and manages membership processes and member benefits, including:
- Prompt processing of membership applications and annual dues renewal processing and invoicing;
- Maintaining membership records, database and membership directory on an ongoing basis;
- Coordinate production of CSRS newsletter.
- Assist in development of member satisfaction and exit surveys, as needed.
- Liaise with EDI Information Services Dept. for data entry and reports as needed.
- Assist in editing efforts for CSRS documents.
- Provide updated information for the CSRS website and Society social media accounts as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
AMOUNT OF TRAVEL REQUIRED: Approximately 2 weeks per year, including some evenings and weekends.
Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Experience in meeting planning and computer proficiency desired.
Detail-oriented with outstanding organizational and critical thinking skills.
Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with an emphasis on a high-level of customer service.
Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a small team environment.
Ability to prioritize varied assignments and handle multiple projects.
Proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: (lifting, packaging, etc.) Minimal lifting required. Ability to move quickly within meeting facilities.