Administrative Program Coordinator, MDS
CLIENT ASSOCIATION: International Parkinson and Movement Disorder Society (MDS)
POSITION REPORTS TO: Assistant Director of Education, MDS
POSITION(S) REPORTING TO ADMINISTRATIVE PROGRAM COORDINATOR: None
EMPLOYEE STATUS: Non-Exempt
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Administrative Program Coordinator provides educational program and administrative support to the MDS leadership, the Director of Education and the Assistant Director of Education in the coordination of the MDS education programs and related leadership activities. This position is responsible for the coordination of assigned programs and other initiatives, in keeping with the strategic plan and objectives set forth by MDS.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES (37.5 hours/week):
- Provide coordination for general educational programs and related activities, designated committees, and/or task forces and other initiatives, as assigned;
- Provide back up as necessary to the Education Coordinator with program development and meeting planning activities, including, but not limited to, reconciling budgets for assigned projects, providing direction for venue and hotel contacts, coordinating event logistics, inviting faculty, organizing speaker travel, shipping of program materials, and tabulating program evaluations;
- Support Education team with Outreach activities, Visiting Travel grants, course evaluations and course travel grants as requested and/or assigned.
- Work with the Director of Education and Assistant Director of Education on Congress responsibilities assigned to Education team
- Research and gather information to work with a variety of individuals to develop initiatives and projects;
- Handle related MDS administrative procedures such as cash sheets, check requests, invoices, registration processes, booking travel, drafting and distributing staff memos;
- Work independently on drafting of letters, correspondence and other materials with high attention to detail.
- Schedule appointments and travel arrangements as requested.
- Work with internal departments (IS, TS, CS, Mail, Accounting, etc.) as needed for MDS projects or as requested by the Education team.
- Acts as back-up for Online Program Manager’s E-learning info-box and the Education info-box.
- Utilize WebEx and related video conferring services in testing and facilitating connectivity for meeting participants.
- Provided support to member inquiries related to the MDS Online Learning Management System.
- Assist the Education team with incoming and outgoing emails, phone calls, correspondence, copying, filing, faxes, end of year statistics and other educational administrative functions.
- Other duties as assigned.
AMOUNT OF TRAVEL REQUIRED:
Approximately 5 days per year; some early morning/evening and weekend work required.
Bachelor’s degree preferred. Project management, meeting planning and communications experience required. Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills with a strong attention to detail required. Word processing and proficiency in MS Office Suite essential. Familiarity with web conferencing preferred.
Occasional lifting of up to 50 lbs. may be required.