Senior Communications & Membership Manager, ACMS/ASMH/ITSCC
- American College of Mohs Surgery, ACMS
- American Society for Mohs Histotechnology, ASMH
- International Transplant Skin Cancer Collaborative, ITSCC
POSITION REPORTS TO: Executive Director
POSITION THAT REPORT TO YOU: Membership and Communications Manager
EMPLOYEE STATUS: Exempt
Responsible for the overall direction and supervision of ACMS, ASMH and ITSCC communications and public relations/marketing activities as related to the clients’ missions and Strategic Plans.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES: (Minimum 37.5 hrs/wk)
- Develop and direct a marketing communications strategy that supports the mission and strategic objectives of the ACMS. This includes print, web, social media and mainstream media; and it is cross-functioned to internal and external audiences.
- Develop and maintain editorial, graphic and branding standards for all ACMS communications and print collateral.
- Responsible for the planning, development and distribution of all member communications for the ACMS, ASMH and ITSCC.
- Work with the President and Executive Director to write and distribute Member Alerts, President's Letters to the membership and President's presentation at the Membership Business Meeting.
- Direct the editorial content, production and distribution of the ACMS and ASMH newsletters produced three times annually.
- Prepare communications-related project proposals and budgets, assist in their approval process, and retain budgetary responsibility for their implementation and completion.
- Serve as liaison to ACMS Public Relations and Newsletter committees, coordinating activities and providing support as needed to achieve objectives.
- Direct the development of press releases and media alerts related to key ACMS initiatives, and serve as primary point of contact with the media.
- Oversee management of media records and reports and recommend strategies to enhance PR opportunities.
- Direct content, information architecture and analytics of ACMS websites (www.mohscollege.org and www.skincancermohssurgery.org) and ASMH website (www.mohstech.org) and ITSCC (www.itscc.org). Manage relationships with outside vendors related to the websites.
- Oversee management of social media presence and content for the ACMS, ASMH, ITSCC.
- Plan and facilitate the ACMS Podcast Series
- Other duties as assigned.
AMOUNT OF TRAVEL REQUIRED:
Possibly 1-2 weeks per year; some evening and weekend work may be required.
5-7 years of communications experience including publications, web, public relations, outstanding interpersonal, organizational and communication skills; computer proficiency; Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
Occasional lifting of 50 pounds..